Solutions Division Team
Senior Technical Project AnalystApply Now
Senior Technical Project Analyst
Solutions Division Team - Full-Time Fixed Term
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and to legally incorporate as a Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. This approach combines our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Solutions Division
The Solutions Division at Dimagi works with our partners to build and scale sustainable, high-impact digital solutions that amplify frontline workers and programs in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs).
About the Position
Dimagi is looking for a Senior Technical Project Analyst to join our Solutions Division. This position will be based in Antananarivo, Madagascar, and will work closely with our government partners and internal Dimagi teams. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract with the option to renew based on project requirements.
The Senior Technical Project Analyst is a key member of the Project Delivery team and will directly support our project teams in creating high-impact, reliable, user-friendly digital systems for Dimagi's public health partners. In this role, you will support a project team working on the optimal design and development of applications built on Dimagi's flagship platform, CommCare - including requirements gathering, design, testing, implementation, and monitoring.
- Requirements Gathering: Work closely with project manager(s) to lead the definition of technical needs by refining business requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Support the project manager and other team members in defining, recording, clarifying, and clearly outlining essential system requirements, as well as making LOE estimates.
- Design applications to fit into the larger software ecosystem and design touchpoints between CommCare products and other tools used in program implementation (other databases, data analytics tools, other applications, etc.). As a Senior Technical Project Analyst, this may often involve the development of data and reporting solutions alongside CommCare.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members, including managing other team members' app-building work on projects.
- Provide data analysis support to ensure that the information gathered by the mobile tool is meaningful and actionable.
- Understand changes to the project scope and schedule, and adhere to the appropriate change control techniques.
- Provide high-quality technical documentation for partners' technical teams to understand, use and build upon systems Dimagi has designed.
- As appropriate, create new resources to support users' understanding of the application or related systems.
- Update and maintain project tracking tools (e.g., Asana, Jira, etc.) as relevant
- Implementation Support: Support client and internal teams in understanding how to effectively use the CommCare system and adherence to the agile delivery model
- Lead development of a capacity building and/or training curriculum and support clients through capacity building activities.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Manage product quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Update and execute quality assurance test plans to ensure the project team delivers a high-quality product.
- 3+ years of experience working on software projects
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Fluent in English, French and Malagasy
- Ability to balance multiple completing tasks across multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Interest in making a social impact
- Eligible to work in Madagascar
- Be willing to travel as needed
- Formal training in Computer Science or related disciplines, including through a degree program or dedicated training program
- Experience working with data collection tools
- Familiarity with the agile model for the software development lifecycle and quality assurance
- Experience using project management tools like Asana, Jira, or Confluence.
- Experience working with governments and/or public health
If interested, please apply with your CV in English below.
Compensation and Benefits:
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global, non-negotiable pay scale for all positions. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization. The compensation and benefits provided to you will be dependent on where you are geographically based and compliant with local labor laws. Since Dimagi does not have a legal entity in Madagascar, your employment contract will be established through our partner Professional Employer Organization Africa HR.
Dimagi's Diversity Commitment
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.