Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Director of Business StrategyApply Now
Director of Business Strategy
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and to legally incorporate as a Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. This approach combines our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Global Strategy and Operations Division
The Global Strategy and Operations (GSO) Division's mission is to build high impact, mission-aligned, strategic partnerships across Dimagi’s products & offerings while maintaining highly efficient business, people, and regional operations across Dimagi’s divisions.
About the Position
Dimagi is currently seeking a Director of Business Strategy to join the growing Business Strategy team. Our Business Strategy team supports strategic initiatives across the company and the governing work of the Executive Committee, who oversees that all of Dimagi’s Divisions have a plan to achieve their mission and strategy through financial sustainability. This role on the Business Strategy team is focused on managing our quarterly governance processes, which includes P&L analysis, KPI assessments, and modeling of future financial projections across each of Dimagi’s six divisions. This person will become an expert in terms of understanding the key components of each of the six Divisions’ models and a leader in optimizing our governance processes. The Business Strategy team also supports a number of other important initiatives working directly with Dimagi’s CEO, Chief of Staff, other top executives and strategic leaders across the company. This includes Dimagi’s Annual Strategies, OKRs (objectives & key results), and capital strategy (raising Debt or Equity). As Dimagi gets more and more complex, our Business Strategy team is required to increase efficiency, master new knowledge areas for Dimagi, and think creatively to adapt them to Dimagi’s business needs. It is a highly adaptive team that nimbly responds to changing needs and changing problem statements across different business units in the company. The Business Strategy team offers the opportunity to rapidly leverage a range of skills all while making a real, positive impact in enabling Dimagi’s Divisions to deliver critical technology to underserved communities across the world.
We are seeking someone who is excited to lead and develop our governance processes ranging from financial forecasts to investment opportunities to annual strategies supporting Dimagi’s $28M per year business. This global and cross-divisional perspective provides this role with the opportunity to propose and execute new and/or updated processes and manage significant changes across the company. The position has both core responsibilities at the quarterly and annual level as well as a dynamic responsiveness to the most pressing needs across all Divisions. Because Dimagi is a social enterprise, this role strives to optimize decisions and priorities for impact and the team in addition to our profit.
The Director of Business Strategy will report to the Senior Director of Business Strategy and work closely with the Business Strategy team as well as the Executive Committee and Office of the CEO. This position can be based anywhere in the United States and will be affiliated with Dimagi’s office in Cambridge, MA.
Governance and Execution
- Leads Dimagi’s short-term and long-term financial health forecasting and is the interface with Divisions’ Operations & Strategy Leadership roles to build these outputs.
- Leads quarterly business review (QBR) processes inclusive of model consolidations across all Divisions, distilled summary presentation for the Management Team, and recurring meetings with Division leadership, CEO, and the Executive Committee.
- Leads the setting of profit targets and other critical cross-divisional financial elements.
- Leads the Annual Strategic Planning process to support Dimagi’s Annual Strategy and each Division’s Annual Strategy each year; Supports the five-year strategic planning process.
- Supports company wide presentations and communications particularly as they pertain to business strategy (i.e., annual strategies, financials).
- Leads due diligence and provides thought leadership and execution on Dimagi’s investment funding and capital strategies including M&A opportunities and equity investments.
- Manage and support change management initiatives at the divisional or company-wide level.
- Leads specific strategic initiatives – both at the global level and for particular divisions – that the CEO or the Executive Committee identifies as priorities.
- Create a culture of continual improvement by working with Business Strategy and other teams to develop improved processes and communication.
- Promote an ethos of openness and transparency by overseeing the implementation of new organization-wide policies, processes, and initiatives.
- Promote cross-division learning by facilitating regular coordination and communication with other teams at Dimagi.
- Work with Managing Directors and Division’s Directors of Operations and Strategy to support business model work and any other questions pertaining to Executive Committee requests.
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, and impact-driven individuals with strong Excel, communication, and organizational skills who are interested in the impact space.
- 5+ years of experience in a management consulting, economic consulting, investment banking, financial analysis, or a similar corporate strategy strategy role
- Exceptional analytical mindset, as well as advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and other data analysis or reporting tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow through
- Experience with accounting, financial statements, and financial analysis, including financial modeling
- Experience with strategic planning and/or corporate strategy work initiatives
- Excellent research skills
- Highly organized, able to multitask, and detail-oriented
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (i.e., this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship)
- Experience using Salesforce
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Public Health and/or Global Health
- Familiarity with organizations working in software development or professional services
- Experience managing business models and financial models
- Experience running annual strategic planning processes and/or quarterly objectives and key results
- Masters of Business Administration or advanced degree in Economics or Finance
Compensation and Benefits
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is 80,062 - 115,627 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Stock Option Plan
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.