Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Grants and Finance AssociateApply Now
Grants and Finance Associate
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. Together they combine our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the position
Dimagi is looking to hire a Grants and Finance Associate to join our globally distributed Finance team. This position can based out of our office in Cambridge, MA, USA and is also open to remote work within the United States.
Please Note: This position will be required to work during EST hours,
The Grants and Finance Associate will be a supportive role to the broader Project Finance team and will support the management of the financial, contractual, and administrative requirements of Dimagi’s projects - this includes projects funded by US Federal, State, and Local governments, NGOs, Family Foundations, and Private enterprises.
As a member of the Project Finance team, this role also requires additional ongoing coordination with colleagues based in other country offices as well as with various partners all around the world. The Grants and Finance Associate will report to the Project Finance Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare accurate financial reports and project fund requests in close coordination with senior project staff
- Maintain financial reporting and tracking systems that provide data measurements on the financial performance of project activities
- Draft proposal budgets with support from senior team members - this includes reviewing financial requirements and terms, drafting budgets, and supporting our business development team
- Provide ongoing financial administration support on projects
- Maintain project and grant budgets and track and compare projected expenditures to actual expenditure, ensuring contract compliance
- Prepare project invoicing according to the budget. Follows acceptable accounting processes and procedures
- Contribute to the workflow of the global finance and operations team
- Participate and contribute to the annual external audit
- Complete various statutory registrations and financial documents for the company
- Work on various cloud-based systems for accounting, task and time management, and project management (Sage, Intacct, Asana, Expensify, Slack, etc.)
- Support vendor and partner communications and requests, and develop and maintain partner and vendor relationships
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Relevant (3-5 years) experience working in a similar position OR relevant degree with experience in Financial Management, Project Management, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting policies and procedure
- Analytical and detail oriented, reliable and committed
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning, and problem-solving skills; able to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Intermediate MS Office and Google Office Suite, with a focus on Excel/Google Sheet functions
- Experience working on cloud-based systems
- Flexible and easily adaptable to new processes and systems
- Ability to work with a portfolio of partners and in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and is a fast learner
- Knowledge of US Government Cost Accounting Standard
- Knowledge of US Government contracts
- Knowledge of Financial Audits and Requirements (in particular, knowledge of Uniform Guidance Single Audits) as well as NICRA or indirect cost-rates
- Experience with contract review on US Government projects
- Experience working with an international team and different time zones
- Experience working remotely
Compensation and Benefits
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is 44,819 - 64,729 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Stock Option Plan
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.