Global Technology Division Team
Java Full Stack Developer, Web and AndroidApply Now
Java Full Stack Developer, Web and Android
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. Together they combine our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Position
Dimagi is looking for a Java Full Stack Developer, Web and Android to join our Global Technology division and support our India Division. This position will be affiliated with our Delhi office but is open to remote employment within India.
Our Global Technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Who we're looking for
We are seeking a full-time Java Full Stack Developer to join our mobile team, which is responsible for growing and maintaining Dimagi’s Android-based mobile tool CommCare as well as supporting our Web Application platform, both of which share a powerful common Java-based engine for running low-code configuration based apps. CommCare is written as a platform for non-developers to build their own app workflows. We get to do a lot of architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level.
The platform team at Dimagi is small, so everyone tends to have their hands in several pieces of the stack, while simultaneously finding certain areas to focus on more closely over time. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging environments and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role include
- Helping to grow a mature open-source Android product base
- Support and build on top of our Spring-based Web Apps platform
- Grow and maintain the common core Java engine used by our different platform front-ends
- Building quality software with a strong focus on usability by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc.)
- Helping to support infrastructures for testing, QA, and release management
Skills and Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in full-stack software development
- Experience building Android-based mobile applications
- Experience in a high-level programming language, Java preferred
- Familiarity with building Android-based web applications
- Familiarity with the principles of good test-writing, and comfortable writing thorough tests for your own code
- Familiarity with using a version control system to facilitate collaborative work
- Ability to work well with flexible requirements
- Authorized to work in India
- Has strong background in Java
- Has built, deployed, and maintained an Android application
- Familiarity with the Spring Boot framework
- Knowledge of Python and Django framework is a strong plus
Compensation and Benefits
We strive to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions that is non-negotiable. The salary for this position is 29,76,273 INR annually. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Complimentary lunch in the office
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.