Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Business Strategy AnalystApply Now
Business Strategy Analyst
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the Position
Dimagi is currently seeking a Business Strategy Analyst to join our growing Business Strategy team. The Business Strategy team supports strategic initiatives across the company particularly as it pertains to financial modeling, annual strategies, capital strategy, and executing strategic governance processes. It is a highly adaptive team that nimbly and thoughtfully responds to changing needs and changing problem statements across different business units in the company. This team primarily supports Dimagi’s Executive Committee, Dimagi’s governance body overseeing the company’s financial sustainability goals. The team also works closely with Dimagi’s CEO, Chief of Staff, other top executives and strategic leaders across the company. The Business Strategy team offers the opportunity to rapidly leverage a range of skills across multiple areas – including financial modeling, operations, leadership, research, process implementation and improvement, and strategy development – all while making a real, positive impact in enabling Dimagi’s divisions to deliver critical technology to underserved communities across the world. In line with Dimagi’s core values of impact, team, and profit in that order, the Business Strategy team reflects these values in how we prioritize our work.
We are seeking someone who is excited to execute our governance processes, including financial modeling and reporting and managing the company’s objectives and key results (OKRs). Dimagi currently has six Divisions, each with its own financial model. The Business Strategy team, and in particular the Business Strategy Analyst, would build expertise on the key components of each of the Divisions’ models. This role not only leads financial modeling efforts but directly supports Dimagi’s $28M per year business through additional analyses and financial projections. In accordance with Dimagi’s mission as a social enterprise, this role works to optimize for impact and the team in addition to our profit. The position has both core responsibilities at the quarterly and annual level as well as dynamic responsiveness to the most pressing needs across all divisions.
The Business Strategy Analyst will report to the Senior Director of Business Strategy and work closely with the Business Strategy team and the Executive Committee. This position can be based anywhere in the United States and will be affiliated with Dimagi’s office in Cambridge, MA.
- Supports quarterly business review (QBR) processes including financial model consolidations, generation of state-of-the-business summaries for the company’s executives, and management of recurring meetings with Division leadership, CEO, and the Executive Committee
- Provides research and support for capital strategy considerations, including equity, M&A and other investment opportunities
- Supports the Annual Strategic Planning process, which involves both a Dimagi-level annual strategy and an annual strategy for each of Dimagi’s six Divisions
- Manages the Objectives and Key Results process across the company as the implementation of annual strategies
- Supports company-wide presentations and communications, particularly as they pertain to business strategy (i.e., annual strategies, financials)
- Create a culture of continual improvement by working with Business Strategy and other teams to develop improved processes and communication
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, and impact-driven individuals with strong Excel, communication, and organizational skills who are interested in the impact space.
- 2+ years of experience in economic consulting, investment banking, financial analysis, or a similar corporate strategy role with substantial Excel and modeling responsibilities
- Exceptional analytical mindset with the ability to synthesize complex pieces of information and data
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and other data analysis or reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow through
- Experience with accounting, financial statements, and financial analysis, including financial modeling
- Excellent research skills
- Highly organized, able to multitask, and detail-oriented
- Experience using Salesforce
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Public Health and/or Global Health
- Familiarity with organizations working in software development or professional services
- Experience managing business models and financial models
- Experience with quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Degree in Economics or Finance
Compensation and Benefits
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is 55,726 - 80,481 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Stock Option Plan
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.