Global Technology Division Team
Senior Software EngineerApply Now
Senior Software Engineer
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. Together they combine our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Global Technology team and support the US Health Division. This position is open to remote employment within the United States or can be based out of our headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
Our Global technology team helps develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional and technical levels. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprung into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our US Health Division works on COVID-19 Response to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology and is expanding into a variety of public health use cases across the US. This position will be part of Dimagi’s US Health Division’s Technology team, a set of skilled engineers, product managers, application engineers, and data specialists supporting current and future project work by continually improving Dimagi’s CommCare platform and related software.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Build new features using modern best practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low literacy levels, no experience with technology, etc.)
- Mentor and coach junior engineers
- Brainstorm ideas on how to improve our software design and development process continually
- Work as part of a team to deliver product features and functionality
Who You Must Be:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experienced in developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Background in building software for the web
- Experienced in leading architecture and design decisions
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the Django framework
- Ability to mentor and assist junior developers
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
- Familiarity with open-source technology
Compensation and Benefits:
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is 89,708 - 128,613 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and an excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare, to name a few
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.