Solutions Division Team
Business Development AssociateApply Now
Business Development Associate
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. Together they combine our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Position:
Dimagi is looking for a Business Development (BD) Associate to join our Solutions Division in the Africa region. This position is based out of our office in Cape Town, South Africa, however, it is also open to remote employment within South Africa.. The BD Associate will be a specialist in business intelligence, business opportunity capture, administration and organization, writing, and coordinating proposal support that assists our geographic pods lay the foundation and direction of many of our large, multi-year national scale programs.
We are looking for someone with a background or interest in business development in the International Development Aid sector. The successful candidate will be an excellent multitasker and writer who enjoys working collaboratively with distributed teams globally on creating solutions to problems, creating efficient processes, and providing high-quality collateral and deliverables for partnerships and proposals.
At Dimagi, we care about impact, team, and profit. Do you have strong writing and analytical skills, a history of reaching goals, and a desire to make a social impact? Are you interested in the technology-for-good sector across the low and middle-income world? Then consider joining us at Dimagi in this key exciting role.
Responsibilities of this role:
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to take on various types of tasks, reliable in delivering results as required, and have an extremely keen judgment to determine prioritization. Their primary role will be to support the Business Development (BD) Operations team in managing tasks related to business intelligence, knowledge management, partnerships and proposal support through admin support, analysis, writing, and coordination. You will help with various BD operations tasks, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining knowledge management systems, including internal wiki pages.
- Collateral development and communications: Refining, enhancing, and customizing content towards specific country contexts or social sector sub-sectors.
- Running business processes: Manage team processes that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our BD team, including collating data, updating Salesforce, coordinating with service delivery teams to update documentation and project profiles, and maintaining internal/intranet documentation of such processes.
- Landscape analyses: Synthesize country-specific digital health landscapes around the world.
- Prospecting: Identify leading INGOs and local organizations working to transform health systems.
- Proposal development: Supporting senior staff in preparing and organizing business intelligence on opportunities, creating corporate capabilities statements or slide decks, and partner proposal packages.
- Other support to the BD Operations team or our senior business development staff, as needed.
What You Must Bring:
- Relevant experience in or knowledge of business development in the NGO or development private sector
- Experience and understanding of International Funding agencies-mainly USAID
- Experience with USAID or CDC business development highly desired
- Outstanding English writing skills and strong oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to create highly professional collateral
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to enforce and refine processes and systems
- Strong intercultural competencies, including experience working with multicultural, globalized teams
- Expert at managing a busy inbox and task board
- Ability to learn quickly and develop a comprehensive understanding of digital technical innovations and their practical application to solve development challenges in low resource contexts. Prior technological experience is not required, but an aptitude for learning and willingness to learn about technology and applying technological concepts is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as business, global public health, or rural development
- Comfortable working with distributed, global teams.
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of community health systems
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Salesforce and/or Asana
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital health landscape
- Professional fluency in Portuguese, French, Spanish, or any African language/s
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions that is non-negotiable. The salary for this position is 414,209 ZAR annually.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- 5% match to Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of public holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.