India Division Team
Project AnalystApply Now
India Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 130 countries.
About the Position
The Project Analyst (PA) position in Dimagi’s India Division will be affiliated with our office in Delhi and is also open to remote employment depending on the COVID-19 situation in the country.
The PA is a key member of the India Division’s Delivery Team - directly supporting our project teams in creating high-impact, reliable, user-friendly digital systems for Dimagi’s public health partners. In this role, you will support a project team working on the optimal design and development of applications built on Dimagi’s flagship platform CommCare - including design, testing, implementation, and monitoring.
The PA supports one or more project teams across a wide range of activities, including product/requirement management, documentation, quality assurance and testing, performance monitoring, user acceptance testing, and system maintenance. The PA will work closely with their workstream and overall project managers and lead(s) to determine work day-to-day. PA is a junior position with potential for growth into project management work.
- Requirements Gathering: Work closely with Project Managers and/or project lead(s) to define requirements by refining business requirements and translating them into technical requirements.
- Support the project/requirements lead and other team members in recording, clarifying, and clearly outlining key system requirements
- Attend meetings with key stakeholders to refine requirements and facilitate product discovery conversations
- Create additional process/workflow maps or other reference documents to clarify product behavior and facilitate clear understanding of business requirements
- Advocate for the optimal end user experience
- Application Development:
- Building mHealth and eHealth systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare, using CommCare’s application building tools that do not require coding.
- Using user centric design principles to build Integrated Chatbot User Experience
- Product documentation: Support the development and maintenance of functional, technical, and training documentation
- Update client-facing (i.e., release notes, Software functional specifications document) or internal technical documentation (User Management document, functional specifications document, training manuals, ToT guides) as part of the product development process.
- As appropriate, create new resources (training manuals) to support users’ understanding of the application or related systems
- Create and maintain templates for regular recurring processes.
- Update and maintain project tracking tools (e.g., Asana, Jira, etc.) as relevant
- Implementation Support: Support client and internal teams in understanding how to effectively use the CommCare system and adherence to the agile delivery mode.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Manage product quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Update and execute unit test plans for requirements developed each sprint, ensuring that requirements developed by app builders meet the specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Update and execute system quality assurance test plans to ensure the project team delivers a high quality product.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Support in managing product quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Execute unit test plans for requirements
- Regularly monitor and report on system performance
- Process Improvement:
- Working with the project team in developing robust processes to enable a culture of continuous improvement .
- As relevant, drive strategic initiatives to improve components of a project with substantial support from the project lead.
- Manage & support rollout of mhealth deployments through ToTs, supportive training content, and logistics management
- 2+ years of work experience in full-time employment.
- Experience of working on project implementation or implementation.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated reliability, ability to predict timelines and effort for tasks
- Highly collaborative, adaptable and flexible to respond to external changes.
- Ability to balance multiple completing tasks across multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Interest in making a social impact
- Ability to work remotely from India
- Flexible to travel based on project requirements
- (Bonus) Demonstrated ability and excitement to engage with a variety of clients, especially government stakeholders
- (Bonus) Adept at using Excel, powerpoint, G-suite
- (Bonus) Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects
- (Bonus) Prior experience as a Business Analyst or in Requirements Gathering including functional design documents
- (Bonus) Project management experience
- (Bonus) Experience working in the India public health or healthcare space
- (Bonus) Experience delivering technology to support healthcare or health service delivery.
- (Bonus) Experience using project management tools like Asana, Jira, or Confluence.
- (Bonus) Experience delivering enterprise software systems and/or working within project management for software developers
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff's well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.