India Division Team
State ManagerApply Now
India Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and with offices in New Delhi, Cape Town and Boston, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, foundations, and organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched digital data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported more than 3,000 projects in 130 countries.
About the Position
Dimagi’s India Division is seeking a State Manager to support the Partnerships team in pursuing and securing new opportunities, including new solutions, partnerships, and programs within the states in the existing space of mhealth as well as new promising sectors. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with various departments within the Government and ecosystem partners in the identified states, with the aim of lead generation in line with Dimagi’s strategic priorities. In addition, this role will also be the liaise and will represent Dimagi with partners associated for the delivery of existing projects within the States. The role of the State Manager is pivotal to growth of Dimagi’ India’s portfolio and will be instrumental in moving the organization towards the path of scale and sustainability. Through these efforts, we aim to build upon Dimagi’s pre-existing experience by thoughtfully proposing and bringing new innovations to life, further accelerating our mission and impact throughout India.
This position is based out of Jharkhand, and the focus geography will include neighboring states like Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. This role is envisioned to evolve in future and may include additional or new geographies as per the strategic direction of the division. Travel during the normal course of work is an essential requirement, COVID restrictions withstanding.
The following activities will be be conducted in close collaboration with the Partnerships team:
- Be the Dimagi's face or SPOC for the state(s) and support internal stakeholders in facilitating meetings with state officials to discuss new offerings and solutions
- Provide strategic inputs to promoting Dimagi’s initiatives in the identified states.
- Conduct research including donor/partner mapping, sectoral/thematic areas, assessment of government partnerships to identify growth opportunities for Dimagi within the states
- Build and nurture relationships with the state government agencies, policy makers and program partners in the ecosystem
- Build understanding of the local partner’s engagements, their strategic initiatives and targets to identify value proposition that could help Dimagi position itself as a value based partner
- Generate leads and identify new opportunities in the identified states, in line with India Division’s strategic goals
- Support in ideation, preparation of proposals and concept notes for potential opportunities, as needed by the business development team
- Participate in relevant meetings, represent Dimagi in state events/conferences and lead discussions related to the above
The following activities will be be conducted in close collaboration with the Project teams for all existing and new projects within the identified states:
- Be the liaison for Dimagi with Partner organizations and the Government (as the case maybe) for delivery of existing/proposed projects
- Maintain oversight of critical project milestones and deliverables
- Facilitate resolution of any issues related to Dimagi’s projects and commitments in the state
- Represent Dimagi in all relevant meetings within the states
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 7-10 years experience of which minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Government engagement and Partner Management in a similar sector
- Experience of having worked in Jharkhand and/or MP & Chattisgarh would be highly desirable
- Strong understanding of the Development sector in India, including technology interventions in public health domain; understanding of the Public Health Domain is highly desirable
- A go-getter who will have the ability to independently lead strategic relationships with key stakeholders and potential Dimagi clients/partners in both public and private sector
- Proven competencies in relationship management, customer-facing skills, including evidence of conflict resolution abilities and developing long-lasting relations with partners
- Experience of and proven ability to collaborate effectively across teams
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to effectively articulate Dimagi proposition to senior leaders in Government and development sector, leading from the front in key meetings/presentation to senior people
- Should be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and be self driven (and be able to work with minimal supervision and guidance)
- Excellent written and oral communications including creating compelling presentations, both in hindi and english
- Familiarity with software development life cycle and software solution delivery ecosystem is a plus
- Financial acumen is essential – ability to size opportunities, support in drawing up budgets, understand costing, risk management and demonstrating Dimagi’s value for its commercial proposition
- Should be ready for extensive travel, subject to health safety restrictions
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Access to Short and Long Term disability and Accidental insurance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays - take the time off when you want to.
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.