US Health Division Team
Application AnalystApply Now
US Health Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the US Health Division:
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprang into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our US Health Division works on COVID-19 Response to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology, and is expanding into a variety of public health use cases across the US.
About the Position
Dimagi is looking for an Application Analyst to join our US Health team. This position will be affiliated with our office in Cambridge, MA, but is also open to remote employment within the US.
The Application Analyst is an entry-level role on the project implementation team at Dimagi. In this role, you will support a project team working on the optimal design and development of applications built on our flagship platform CommCare. This position will support one or more project teams with the appropriate management and analysis of business requirements, translation of business requirements into technical requirements, timely implementation of technical deliverables as per specifications, testing and quality assurance of technical work, and contribution to process improvement.
You will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health, and project management specialists. Much of our work remains focused on COVID-19 response and requires flexibility as we work with our partners to respond to the pandemic's dynamic nature.
The specific responsibilities of an Application Analyst at Dimagi can vary per project but are likely to include:
- Implement technical requirements as defined by clients and the project teams. As an "app builder," you will use the most advanced functionality of the CommCare platform to create complex applications that enable users to accomplish a range of tasks. On any given day, this might include tasks like building out the logic for a complex form, testing out rules that automatically update data, testing a new text message survey that goes out to community members or troubleshooting a tricky calculation.
- Implement moderately complex CommCare requirements, and work closely with other team members to support the implementation of highly complex CommCare features or technical requirements for other platforms/systems.
- Regularly communicate with other team members to ensure that the status of work is clear and that any roadblocks are known and can be addressed. This may include daily standups, periodic retrospectives, and weekly team meetings.
- Work closely with project teams to manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle by ensuring that requirements meet specification and acceptance criteria.
- Thoughtfully analyze requirements to identify potential unexpected technical complications or unidentified opportunities.
- Support the creation of process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, requirements, and other documents to support project implementation.
- Work closely with team leadership to continuously improve both project management methodology and technical strategy.
- Coordinate with Project Analysts on other teams to incorporate best practices across projects.
- Collaborate with other team members to implement complex requirements
- Support project teams to identify possible improvements to the system which could make for a better end-user experience.
- As necessary, dive deep into the system's structure and data to answer specific questions or investigate unexpected behavior.
Required Skills & Experience
- 1+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a technical position, producing technical contributions for software solutions.
- Experience implementing technical requirements.
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design and build process to create applications that meet business goals.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to work across multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage company and team member expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Comfort in using Google Suite and Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Interest in making a social impact.
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Formal training in Computer Science or related disciplines, including through a degree program or dedicated training program
- Experience with systems integration and/or databases
- Data manipulation, visualization, or analysis experience (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, R, Python, Talend)
- Experience with agile, sprint-based software development.
Please Note: As a federal contractor Dimagi, Inc. is required to comply with the federal mandate that employees of federal contractors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All Dimagi, Inc. employees based in the United States, both in-office and remote, are required to provide a record of full vaccination or an approved vaccine exemption claim. Your offer of employment will be contingent upon meeting this requirement.
At Dimagi, we aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Considering our social mission, our salaries are more in line with that of a non-profit. However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.