India Division Team
Junior Technical Project AnalystApply Now
Junior Technical Project Analyst
India Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s mission is to create digital products and services that support global development efforts to benefit under-served communities. CommCare, is an open source mobile platform designed for data collection, client management, decision support, and behavior change communication projects worldwide, that are focused on improvement of service delivery and targeted interventions in low-resource settings. We work intensively in health and nutrition in addition to other development sectors, providing mobile solutions that empowers front line workers. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002.Dimagi is an impact focused enterprise that puts enormous focus on making a positive change in people's lives.
About the Position
The Junior Technical Project Analyst (JTPA) position in Dimagi’s India Division will be affiliated with our office in Delhi but is also open to remote employment depending on the COVID-19 situation in the country.This position will be initially fixed-term employment for 1 (one) year with the potential for further extension or conversion to full-time employment with Dimagi as Technical Project Analyst. Salary for this position will be as per competitive market standards.
The JTPA is a key member of the India Division’s Delivery Team - directly supporting our project teams in creating high-impact, reliable, user-friendly digital systems for Dimagi’s public health partners. In this role, you will support a project team working on the optimal design and development of applications built on Dimagi’s flagship platform CommCare - including design, testing, implementation, and monitoring.
The JTPA supports one or more project teams across a wide range of activities, including product/requirement management, documentation, quality assurance and testing, performance monitoring, user acceptance testing, and system maintenance. The JTPA will work closely with their workstream or project managers and lead(s) to determine work day-to-day.
The responsibilities of the JTPA will be project dependent, and will include some or all of the below:
- Requirements Gathering: Support Project Managers and and/or project lead(s) to define requirements by refining business problems and translating them into technical requirements.
- Support the project/requirements lead or project manager in recording, clarifying, and clearly outlining key system requirements
- Support in creating process/workflow maps or other reference documents to clarify product behavior and facilitate clear understanding of business requirements
- Support in designing of mHealth applications by bringing together the best combination of stakeholder inputs, field feedback, technical feasibility, and robust architectural principles.
- Application Development:
- Building mHealth and eHealth systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare, using CommCare’s application building tools that do not require coding.
- Using user centric design principles to support the building Integrated Chatbot User Experience
- Product documentation: Support the development and maintenance of functional, technical, and training documentation
- Update client-facing (i.e., release notes, Software functional specifications document) or internal technical documentation (User Management document, functional specifications document, training manuals, ToT guides) as part of the product development process.
- As appropriate, create new resources (training manuals) to support users’ understanding of the application or related systems
- Create and maintain templates for regular recurring processes.
- Update and maintain project tracking tools (e.g., Asana, Jira, etc.) as relevant
- Implementation Support: Support client and internal teams in understanding how to effectively use the CommCare system and adherence to the agile delivery mode.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Manage product quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Update and execute unit test plans for requirements developed each sprint, ensuring that requirements developed by app builders meet the specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Update and execute system quality assurance test plans to ensure the project team delivers a high quality product.
- Project Maintenance: Coordinate, support and track all system setup and maintenance activities
- Process Improvement:
- Support team to continuously improve the team processes, and to share/learn from other project teams.
- As relevant, drive strategic initiatives to improve components of a project with substantial support from the project lead.
- Manage & support rollout of mhealth deployments through ToTs, supportive training content, and logistics management
Required Skills & Experience
- 1-3 years of work experience in full-time employment.
- Degree in computer science engineering, information technology, or related – or equivalent work experience
- Experience of working on project implementation or implementation of development lifecycle and quality assurance. Must have worked on at least one software project through its life cycle.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated reliability, ability to predict timelines and effort for tasks
- Highly collaborative, adaptable and flexible to respond to external changes.
- Ability to balance multiple completing tasks across multiple projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Interest in making a social impact
- Ability to work remotely from India
- Flexible to travel based on project requirements.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Experience with any programming language (example: Java,Python, XML, MySQL) is good to have.
- Demonstrated ability and excitement to engage with a variety of clients, especially government stakeholders
- Adept at usingExcel, powerpoint, G-suite
- Experience working in the India public health or healthcare space
- Experience delivering technology to support healthcare or health service delivery.
- Experience using project management tools like Asana, Jira, or Confluence.
- Experience with systems integration and/or database management
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure, and technical specifications
- Experience delivering enterprise software systems and or working within project management for software developers
- Data manipulation, visualization, or analysis experience (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, R, Python, Talend)
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff's well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.