Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Cape Town, South Africa
Grant AdministratorApply Now
Cape Town, South Africa
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, whip-smart, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
Who You Are:
Dimagi is looking to hire a Grant Administrator. The ideal candidate will be based in Cape Town at the Dimagi South Africa Office. This position, however, is also flexible to remote work for the right candidate.
The Grant Administrator will be a supportive role to the broader Project Finance team and will support the management of the financial, contractual, and administrative requirements of Dimagi’s grants. This is a junior level role.
As a member of the Project Finance team, this role also requires additional ongoing coordination with colleagues based in other country offices as well as with various partners all around the world. The Grants Administrator will report to the Project Finance Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties -
- Prepare and review of financial reports, maintains various databases, records, files; maintains grant budgets and monitors grant expenditures
- Document payments and expenditure according to the budget and grant structure of the organization. Ensure contract compliance
- Track and compare projected budget expenditures to actual expenditure to ensure compliance
- Prepares grant invoicing according to the budget. Follows acceptable accounting processes and procedures
- Contribute to the workflow of the global finance and operations team
- Participate and contribute to the annual external audit
- Complete various statutory registrations and financial documents for the company
- Work on various cloud-based systems for accounting, task and time management, and project management (Sage, Intacct, Asana, Expensify, Slack, etc.)
- Support vendor and partner communications and requests, and develop and maintain partner and vendor relationships
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills -
- Relevant experience working in a similar position or knowledge of project or grants administration, OR
- Relevant experience in project or grant financial reporting and/or relevant financial reporting qualification/diploma
- Other beneficial experience: experience in the public health/development sector and/or with NGOs.
- Basic understanding of grant or project reporting - financial and/or administrative
- Extremely detail oriented and professional, reliable and committed
- Strong organization, prioritization, planning, and problem-solving skills; able to meet deadlines and to work well under pressure.
- Intermediate MS Office and Google Office Suite, with a focus on Excel/Google Sheet functions
- Experience working on cloud-based systems
- Flexible and easily adaptable to new processes and systems
- Ability to work with a portfolio of partners and in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and is a fast learner
Bonus Points -
- Knowledge of financial and project audits and requirements
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US government-funded projects
- Knowledge of US NICRAs and Indirect Cost Rate Calculations
- Experience reviewing project contracts for financial reporting requirements
- Experience working with an international team
- Experience working remotely
Benefits Provided -
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in line with that of a non-profit organization. However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- 5% match to Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of public holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare