Solutions Division Team
Partnerships AnalystApply Now
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts has supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Position:
Dimagi is looking for a Partnerships Analyst to join our Solutions Division in South Africa. This position is open to remote employment in South Africa or can be based out of our office in Cape Town. The Partnerships Analyst will be a specialist in business intelligence research, writing, and coordinating partnership bids that lay the foundation and direction of many of our large, multi-year national scale programs.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in business development in the aid sector. The successful candidate will be an excellent researcher and writer who enjoys working collaboratively with distributed teams to reach out and join consortium partnerships and prepare high-quality financial and technical proposals.
At Dimagi, we care about impact, team, and profit. Do you have strong writing and analytical skills, a history of reaching targets, and a desire to make a social impact? Are you interested in the technology-for-good sector across the low and middle-income world? Then consider joining us at Dimagi in this key exciting role.
What You’ll Do:
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to take on various types of tasks, reliable in delivering results as required, and have an extremely keen judgment to determine prioritization. Their primary role will be to support senior staff in our Southern and Eastern Africa business development team in managing complex business development opportunities worldwide through research, analysis, writing, budget preparation, and bid coordination. You will help with various business development tasks, including but not limited to:
- Desk research and analysis: Synthesize country-specific digital health landscapes around the world.
- Prospecting: Identify leading INGOs and local organizations working to transform health systems.
- Proposal development: Supporting senior staff in preparing and organizing partnership packages, creating digital health and digital development capabilities, budgets, and technical narratives.
- Running business processes: Manage team processes that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our BD team, including collating data, updating Salesforce, coordinating with service delivery teams to update documentation and project profiles, and maintaining internal/intranet documentation of such processes.
- Collateral development and communications: Refining, enhancing, and customizing content towards specific country contexts or social sector sub-sectors.
- Analyzing data: Preparing, extracting and analyzing opportunity and financial data to generate quantitative insights for our business strategy.
- Maintaining knowledge management systems.
- Other support to our senior business development staff, as needed.
- Relevant experience in or knowledge of business development
- Outstanding English writing skills and strong oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to create highly professional PowerPoint presentations
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to enforce and refine processes and systems for staying organized
- Experience in budgeting and proposal development
- Strong intercultural competencies, including experience working with multicultural, globalized teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert at managing a busy inbox
- Ability to learn quickly and develop a comprehensive understanding of digital technical innovations and their practical application to solve development challenges in low resource contexts. Prior technological experience is not required, but an aptitude for learning about technology and applying technological concepts is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as business, global public health, engineering, or rural development
- Comfortable working with distributed, global teams.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with USAID or CDC business development highly desired
- Understanding of community health systems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Interest in and knowledge of the mHealth landscape
- Professional fluency in Portuguese, or any African language/s
At Dimagi, we are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay-scale for all positions (that is an open and set formula and non-negotiable). The starting salary for this position is 369,273 ZAR per annum (which is adjusted at each bi-annual pay update).
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- 5% match to Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.