Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Senior Marketing ManagerApply Now
Senior Marketing Manager
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprung into action. We were among the first on the scene to support technology efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our rapidly growing COVID-19 Response team is working in some of the hardest-hit areas of the United States to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology.
About the Position
Dimagi is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager for its US Health division to support communications and marketing, helping to establish Dimagi as a well-known public health social enterprise in the United States. This position is open to remote employment within the United States or can be based out of our headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be part of a small and growing global marketing team and report to the Director of Global Marketing and focus exclusively on the US market, providing expertise and direction on how Dimagi positions itself in this new market. The Senior Marketing Manager will work closely with the US Health Partnerships team to support market expansion efforts in the United States.
Dimagi’s US Health Division was created in the last year to formalize and support Dimagi’s COVID-19 response work in the United States. Comprising about 40 team members across technology, delivery, partnerships and operations, the division continues to support COVID-19 Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Work with four State and two Local government Departments of Health. At the same time, the US Health Partnerships team is working on expanding into new disease verticals (disease surveillance, mental health, non-communicable disease management, etc.)
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the US digital health market, including competitive landscape, target customer segments, and buyer personas across the public and private sectors. Apply this understanding to the US Health marketing and communications strategy.
- Lead the design and implementation of an end-to-end marketing and communications strategy that advances Dimagi’s mission and values and effectively reflects the offerings of Dimagi’s US Health division.
- Work with product management to launch new US Health solutions built on CommCare, advising on go-to-market strategy and packaging, and leading on promotion.
- Develop and articulate compelling product positioning across internal and external communication channels, including sales training, web and social media properties, industry events and more.
- As part of the overall marketing strategy, work with the Director of Partnerships and other members of the US Health Leadership team to create a thought leadership platform for Dimagi in the US by researching PR opportunities, reaching out to new sources, pitching ideas and drafting articles and blog entries, etc.
- Define marketing KPIs; regularly track results and provide updates to business stakeholders; use campaign, pipeline, and bookings data to identify trends and opportunities.
- Craft high gloss sales and marketing materials, including PowerPoint decks, case studies, and two-pagers with input from the Director of Partnerships that can be shared with external stakeholders to support a business development initiative or pitch.
- Research and track US-based conferences and workshops relevant to Dimagi’s US-based work. Craft and submit abstracts on behalf of US Health Leadership for participation at these events.
- Be willing to dive into new areas of work as needs arise.
At the core of this position, we are looking for a smart, capable, and driven individual. For that reason, please consider the following requirements listed as general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- At least five years of professional experience in a marketing or communications role.
- Experience building marketing strategies and driving marketing campaigns focused on a variety of topics - a new solution, a new fundraising idea, or a new market.
- Excellent writing skills and natural storyteller - you know how to zero in on the most important details, always keep your audience top-of-mind and feel comfortable working on a variety of assignments from drafting thought leadership messaging to serving as the last set of eyes before content is published externally.
- Strong verbal communicator - comfortable presenting a quarterly plan to the leadership team, a slide deck at a conference, or representing Dimagi on an external call.
- Highly organized and adept at using project management software of choice, including to chart their roadmap, direction, manage requests, etc.
- Experience using relevant marketing software, including Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics, PowerPoint, etc.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, high-growth environments.
- Experience creating organizational alignment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as Communications or Journalism.
- Experience or education in US healthcare technology, public health, health policy, etc.
- Professional experience in healthcare technology, social impact, or Software-as-a-Service space
- Experience running brand marketing and/or product marketing functions, including messaging, SEO, inbound content, and paid marketing.
- Experience leading marketing for organizations in the healthcare technology, social impact, or Software-as-a-Service space, and/or experience in management consulting.
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare, to name a few
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.