Solutions Division Team
Technical Project AnalystApply Now
Technical Project Analyst
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking to hire a Technical Project Analyst based in Central America to join our Global Practice team. This is a 6-month contract position with the option for converting to a permanent status pending evaluation and mutual interest at the end of the contract. The Technical Project Analyst will work remotely with our team based in the US and South Africa.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment. You will have the opportunity to become an expert on digital health products and technologies (like CommCare, DHIS2, PowerBI, and Tableau), develop solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives and help deploy these mobile applications in a global setting. You will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of product managers, engineers, and development specialists.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to quickly assess requirements and build software solutions in a scalable and sustainable manner. They will be able to solve technical problems as an individual contributor, as well as enjoy working in a team. Being a part of our Solutions Division means having a can-do attitude to provide technical consulting and application development for our partners.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Building mHealth systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare, using CommCare’s application building tools
- Gathering software requirements, discussing and getting aligned with stakeholders on system design, and defining detailed software specifications
- Developing software test plans, load testing and quality assurance (QA) of our mobile tools
- Supporting rollout of mHealth deployments through ToTs, supportive training content, and logistics management
- Managing partner relationships, including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders from government officials to subject matter experts to NGO staff to frontline health workers and community members. Building consensus, managing expectations, and coordinating with these groups
- Data analysis and development of data analysis tools and reports to ensure that the information gathered by our technology solution is meaningful and actionable to our partners
- Technical documentation
- Other project management and programmatic support
Who You Must Be (Minimum Requirements):
- 1 – 4+ years of work experience in a technical position working with software solutions
- Professional fluency in oral and written English & Spanish
- Outstanding proactive oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Able to juggle many things at once
- Flexible and able to wear many hats
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural team distributed across the globe
Note that experience with software programming is not a requirement since Dimagi tools allow applications to be built by system administrators through a user-friendly web interface.
- Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related discipline
- Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects
- Agile project management experience
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Desire to make a social impact
The ideal candidate will be interested in understanding what makes technology work in low-resource settings. This person can self-organize and self-manage, thrives on the intricacy and challenge of application design and project management, and functions at a high level when interacting with partners. This person is detail-oriented and comfortable with mobile tools, and has some knowledge of the software development process.
Please apply below with a Resume and Cover Letter in English.