Global Technology Division Team
Software EngineerApply Now
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s mission is to create digital products and services that support global development efforts to benefit under-served communities. CommCare, is an open source mobile platform designed for data collection, client management, decision support, and behavior change communication projects worldwide, that are focused on improvement of service delivery and targeted interventions in low-resource settings. We work intensively in health and nutrition in addition to other development sectors, providing mobile solutions that empowers front line workers. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002. Dimagi is an impact focused enterprise that puts enormous focus on making a positive change in people's lives.
Who we're looking for
Dimagi is looking for a full-stack software engineer to primarily work on our flagship platform CommCare, among other development opportunities that may arise. You will help to develop and improve our platform used to build, deploy, and manage applications used by hundreds of thousands of front-line workers around the world.
This position is ideal for someone who prefers small organizations to large ones, multi-tasking to single-project assignments, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for rapid prototyping, making things work in challenging environments, and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
The annual gross salary for this role is between INR 23,00,000 to INR 24,15,000.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Work with Application and Delivery teams to understand requirements and create design documents as required
- Build new features and improve existing features using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc)
- Support Business Development teams to assess technical feasibility of proposed solutions
Skills and requirements:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Comfortable developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Experience with creating integrations with other systems using APIs
- Experience with handling big data or with implementing projects in government infrastructure that involved managing data at scale
- Experience with development of dashboards or reporting systems
- Experience working with Data Warehousing systems and data lakes
- Background in building software for the web
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of Hindi
- Work experience with Indian govt systems like Aadhaar
- Work experience with implementations of Aadhaar vault
- Work experience with integration of payment gateways
- Work experience with chatbots
- Work experience with Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning systems
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff's well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.