US Health Division Team
Project ManagerApply Now
US Health Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the US Health Division:
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprang into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our US Health Division works on COVID-19 Response to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology, and is expanding into a variety of public health use cases across the US.
About the Project Manager Position
Dimagi is looking for a Project Manager (PM) to join our US Health division. This position will be affiliated with our office in Cambridge, MA, but is also open to remote employment within the US.
The Project Manager is a mid-level position at Dimagi. You will play a critical role in either managing or heavily supporting one or more project teams to optimally design and roll out technology solutions for Dimagi's clients. You will be the face of Dimagi for partner-facing interactions, ensuring successful deliverable completion and stakeholder management. You will work in an agile environment alongside developers, engineers, public health specialists, and technical leaders. You will be expected to oversee the development and implementation of various deliverables against tight timelines, including project documentation (project plans, risk logs, training materials etc.), detailed project plans, stakeholder presentations, and changes to applications against tight timelines. You will collaborate with a network of partners and vendors for the project's ultimate success - including expectation management, scope management, explaining technical concepts, and building a strong rapport.
Much of our work on Dimagi's US Health team remains focused on COVID-19 response and requires flexibility as we work with our partners to respond to the pandemic's dynamic nature. This work is challenging, but in the right ways - you'll have an opportunity to quickly dive into and learn from multiple project areas, all while making a real, positive impact. We are looking for both leaders and teachers who are excited to chart the team's strategic direction and who make time for project management guidance, training, and mentoring to improve the project team's effectiveness.
The specific responsibilities of a Project Manager can vary per project but are likely to include:
- Serve as a key external-facing representative for a project team. Project Managers are responsible for leading conversations around project planning, requirements, roadmapping and ensuring adherence to standard project management practices.
- Coordinate with the project’s technical lead to manage the implementation of technical requirements as defined by clients and the project's requirements team. Project teams use the most advanced functionality of the CommCare platform to create complex applications that enable users to accomplish a range of tasks.
- Lead internal or client-facing conversations to determine the technical requirements and considerations for integrations between CommCare and other platforms/systems
- Develop, document, and champion best practices with our teams for application deployment and release for large projects, while continuously improving the Project Management methodology and technical quality of team outputs
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, and other documents in support of projects
- Lead or support the development of training programs and capacity building efforts for a variety of system users
- Design, create, and manage effective implementation strategies that consider how various work streams or activities will impact the success of the overall project or program
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Serve as a representative of a project team while working closely with a client-facing Technical Lead, Technical Analysts, and internal Software Engineers to determine and implement practices to ensure CommCare's quality and reliability
- Examine patterns of system use and proactively identify possible improvements to the system which will make for a better end-user experience
At Dimagi, Project Managers may fulfill a variety of functional roles, which will likely change over time as Dimagi partners with new clients and takes on new challenges and will vary depending upon the size and complexity of a project. Examples of common roles for a Project Manager include but are not limited to overall Project Lead, Requirements Lead, Integrations Lead, or Implementation Lead.
- 5+ years of experience working on and leading software teams, either in project management, product management, technical operations, or a relevant area.
- Experience working in and leading dynamic teams working in software, SaaS solutions, or application development.
- Comfortable working in an environment with changing and, at times, ambiguous priorities and tasks.
- Team or people management experience.
- Demonstrated ability and excitement to engage with a variety of clients, especially government stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player who also can coordinate and lead dynamic teams
- Highly organized, able to multitask, and detail-oriented - whether in collecting requirements, testing applications, putting together a deliverable deck, etc.
- Have an incredibly analytical mindset - someone who isn't afraid to get messy in Excel models or working to figure out what part of an application isn't right due to a bug.
- Strong data analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills
- Analytics and process-driven thinker
- Interest in making a social impact
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting requirements from different stakeholders and translating them into technical changes with project teams.
- Experience delivering enterprise software systems and/or working within project management for software developers.
- Formal training in Computer Science or related disciplines, including through a degree program or dedicated training program
- Experience working in the US public health or healthcare space (including with EMRs)
- Experience delivering technology to support healthcare or health service delivery.
- Product management experience
- Experience in delivering enterprise software implementations
- Experience with system flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, and technical specification development.
- Experience in relevant software, including data visualization and analysis software (Tableau, SAS, R, etc.)
At Dimagi, we aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay-scale for all positions. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.