Solutions Division Team
Executive Director of Strategic PartnershipsApply Now
Executive Director of Strategic Partnerships
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation whose mission is to create sustainable impact for underserved populations through innovative technology solutions for frontline workforces. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported more than 2,000 projects worldwide.
About the Position
Dimagi is seeking an Executive Director of Strategic Partnerships for our Solutions Division, our largest division that drives our most widely scaled global health projects around the world. Under your strategic leadership, we aim to advance Dimagi’s mission: to create sustainable impact for underserved populations through innovative technology solutions for frontline workforces.
As a member of the Solutions Leadership Team, you will drive the partnership strategy for the Solutions Division to break into and grow Dimagi’s portfolio with targeted strategic partners, including multilateral organizations, government agencies, iNGOs, and foundations. You will have the opportunity to rapidly utilize skill sets across multiple areas - including partnership development, strategic thinking, thought leadership, account management, and team development and leadership - to further amplify Dimagi’s impact as a leading social enterprise and changemaker in the technology for good space. You will be accountable for a team of incredible partnerships professionals, all working to generate opportunities that deliver high impact to some of the world’s most underserved communities. The work will be challenging, but in the right ways where there are ample opportunities to try and test new strategies, all while making a real, positive impact.
This position will be affiliated with our office in the United States but is also open to remote employment for candidates based in the American time zones. Please Note: This position will be working closely with our leadership team based in the US and South Africa and so will be required to take some calls during EST or SAST.
- Lead the continuous improvement and implementation of the BD strategy including annual target setting within the overall Dimagi corporate strategy.
- Be accountable for driving large opportunities to close and achieving your personal revenue targets, in addition to supporting your team in achieving theirs.
- Provide oversight of Dimagi’s 12-person partnerships professionals across the world - including fostering a supportive culture of continual professional growth and managing a small number of senior partnerships leaders.
- Serve as the ultimate “backstop of backstops” of our partnerships, including being available to provide advisory support to our partnerships professionals in achieving outcomes and forming and maintaining relationships.
- Oversee a team of individuals responsible for running various team operations mechanisms - including Salesforce reports, opportunity review, budgets, and key collateral, as well as identifying key metrics to drive team success.
- Build and nurture relationships and key account management with strategic prospective and existing donors.
- Represent Dimagi through innovation-related knowledge sharing forums - including presenting at industry conferences, joining innovation working groups, liaising with other partner organizations doing similar work, etc.
- Work directly with other senior leaders to identify more advanced innovation areas and propose a strategy to bring them into Dimagi’s core offerings.
Knowledge & Skills
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, motivated, and impact-driven people. We also recognize that, as a senior leader, you will be joining the company with your own strengths and views of how to structure this role in alignment with our team’s needs. We are excited to bring in your external expertise, and want to ensure that we are giving you space to define this role. As such, please consider the following areas listed to be general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years in international development and five years in a senior partnerships role - focusing on strategic fundraising, competitive bidding, proposal and grant development, and/or business development in the social impact space.
- Deep knowledge of or experience facilitating partnerships for “technology for good” or technology innovation products.
- Has a personal network and deep understanding of health programs in the international development space, including working with multilateral agencies (World Bank, GAVI, UN agencies), iNGOs, government agencies (USAID, PEPFAR, etc.) and foundations.
- Strong skills in managing, leading, and positively motivating multi-disciplinary teams and bringing virtual teams across time zones together.
- Strategic thinker that can create and execute action plans to identify, pursue, and win new business.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills as well as a clear excitement to engage with external stakeholders - including giving presentations to potential funders or at industry conferences.
- Have owned a donor account portfolio or secured high-value, $1 million + proposals, as well as a track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Highly organized and able to multitask while also maintaining a focus on small details.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), proficiency in French is desirable.
- Graduate-level degree in a relevant field, including public health, business, government, etc.
- Willingness to travel for up to 10% of your time.
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization. However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. The benefits provided to you will be based on where you are located.
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.