Software as a Service (SaaS) Division Team
Cape Town, South Africa
Online Course DeveloperApply Now
Online Course Developer
Cape Town, South Africa
Software as a Service (SaaS) Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Role
Dimagi is looking for an Online Course Developer to join our growing Customer Success team. Housed underneath our SaaS Division--which includes Sales, Marketing, and Support and is in charge of scaling the use of our product, CommCare--our Customer Success (CS) team supports our “self-service users” (SaaS users) in their utilization of CommCare.
We’re looking for an individual excited about creating online learning content to help our customers better learn how to use our software and implement their mobile technology projects across the globe. The Online Course Developer would be responsible for maintaining and adding content to our Dimagi Academy-- the online learning platform that hosts courses on CommCare and mobile technology implementation. As a part of this position, you will draft content for our online courses, source content from more advanced CommCare users, build out online courses, and administer/ nurture existing courses. Additionally, they would be responsible for tracking all outcomes of courses, ideally using Bloom’s Taxonomy to track learner’s progress.
We expect this work to be informed by customer needs. The Online Course Developer will also be expected to speak with customers about what sort of learning materials-- both topics and formats--they would most like to have. You’ll work with partners in diverse impact-driven sectors, from agriculture to maternal health to social entrepreneurship, helping solve their unique problems and help maximize their impact.
In addition, the Online Course Developer will work closely with our Customer Success team on both the roadmap and vision for the Dimagi Academy, as well as specific learning needs. Our Customer Success team works closely with our existing partners and will be a great source of inspiration for future courses and potential content providers.
We are looking for a dynamic individual, at ease with multi-tasking, who enjoys creating curriculum and helping adult learners advance their skills, and who has demonstrated their capacity to create and manage a library of courses.
- Work with customers and existing staff members to assess the topics most relevant for our customers to learn about.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team and the Dimagi Support team/ Technical writer to understand our user base and their online learning needs.
- Build a roadmap for the Dimagi Academy that coherently states overall goals, planned courses in the pipeline, and expected outcomes from courses.
- Create course content for mobile technology project planning and implementation, including the use of CommCare.
- Employ a system to track learning outcomes for all courses (e.g. Bloom’s Taxonomy).
- Build out courses, offers, and communities on the Kajabi platform, and find ways to improve the design of our courses and marketing materials on Kajabi.
- Stay up to date with the newest features of both CommCare and Kajabi.
- Customize existing courses on the platform for partners who require custom-branded materials.
- 2-3 years of work experience at the intersection of international development and technology or a similar field
- Experience working to create online training materials or online courses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work well on teams and delegate tasks effectively to more junior team members
- Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Working knowledge of and experience with the CommCare platform
- Experience using the Kajabi platform
- Experience using a system like Bloom’s Taxonomy to define and track learning outcomes
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in line with that of a non-profit organization. However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- 5% match to Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.