India Division Team
Senior Director of Partnerships, India DivisionApply Now
Senior Director of Partnerships, India Division
India Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi was created from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the Position
Dimagi’s India Division is seeking a Senior Director of Partnerships to support our leadership team in pursuing and securing new innovation opportunities, including new solutions, partnerships, and programs in the existing space of mhealth as well as new promising sectors. Through these efforts, we aim to build upon Dimagi’s pre-existing experience by thoughtfully proposing and bringing new innovations to life, further accelerating our mission and impact throughout India.
The role of the Senior Director of Partnerships is pivotal to growth of Dimagi’ India’s portfolio with targeted strategic partners, including multilateral organizations, iNGOs, and foundations. In this role, reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will be required to leverage skill sets across multiple areas and drive key initiatives such as formulation of go-to-market strategy, market positioning, identification and successful closure of project engagements in tune with the market strategy and executive account management. The incumbent will be responsible for individual as well as team targets such as revenue closed, profit margins, key account health, new accounts (incl. new sectoral ventures) and project acquisitions, etc. that would be critical to the growth of the divisional activities.
The work will be challenging, but in the right ways as there will be ample opportunities to try and test innovative approaches, while making a real, positive impact through providing technology and solutioning leadership to our growth-oriented engagements. The incumbent would be leading a small team of Partnerships resources managing grant submissions and other competitive bids. The focus geography is predominantly all states across India and envisages progressive expansion to include neighboring countries.
This position is based out of New Delhi, though may start off remotely (on IST timezone) due to office closure on account of COVID-19. Travel during the normal course of work is an essential requirement.
Marketing and Strategy Support:
- Lead the development, implementation and refinement of Business Development and Go-to market strategy for India Division
- Lead market research and analysis, donor/partner mapping, assessment of government partnerships (center/state), synthesize qualitative and quantitative trends to identify growth opportunities in thematic segments of the healthcare marketplace and emerging technology areas
- Identify market segments to be targeted and potential value propositions for each segment, creation of market share for Dimagi’s products and services.
- Evaluate brand positioning, identify initiatives to strengthen value proposition, determine pricing strategy and market share in defined segments that would be critical to the divisional growth and consolidation.
Business Acquisition :
- Lead the Business Development team to plan, measure, track and deliver on quarterly targets including management of the project acquisition cycle.
- Lead the development of new, pathbreaking and impactful project concept notes based on the emerging technologies and tool-sets and institutional expertise, including providing impetus for development of newer areas of skills in tune with market evolution
- Lead end to end business acquisition involves opportunity identification, proposal development, including collateral as needed for development, closure of winning opportunities, and contracting (including compliance with internal processes), creation of budget, scope of work as needed.
Partner Management :
- Build and nurture relationships with the executive and operations with central/state government agencies, policy makers, bilateral/multilateral agencies, large corporations focused on CSR as well as donors & philanthropies in the ecosystem, both directly and as well as other Dimagi managers
- Build understanding of the partner’s engagements, strategic initiatives and targets to identify value proposition for partnership with Dimagi
- Prepare and/or review all key account plans and be individually responsible for designated partner accounts besides driving sustainable partner relationships
Experience requirements :
- At least 15 years experience of which minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in business development in the international aid sector for ICT4D or similar sector
- Strong understanding of the healthcare sector in India, including technology interventions in public health domain
- Proven experience of funding raised, with average funding of $3 million per annum
- Prior experience of at least 3-4 years of working with Government in Digital systems/platforms
- Experience in budgeting, proposal development, and strategic analysis
- Understanding of healthcare in neighboring regions in India is desirable
- A go-getter who will have the ability to independently lead (like a key account manager) strategic relationships with key stakeholders and potential Dimagi clients/partners in both public and private sector
- Proven competencies in relationship management, CXO level customer-facing skills, including evidence of conflict resolution abilities and developing long-lasting relations with teams, donors and partners
- Experience managing medium sized teams of senior employees and proven ability to collaborate effectively across teams
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to effectively articulate Dimagi proposition to senior leaders in Government and development sector, leading from the front in key meetings/presentation to senior people
- Should be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to steer operational aspects in addition to strategy
- Excellent written (especially proposal writing) and oral communications including creating compelling presentations
- Understanding of software development ecosystem and technology adoption at a programmatic level in the social sector
- Familiarity with software development life cycle is a plus
- Financial acumen is essential – ability to size opportunities, budgets, understand costing and demonstrate Dimagi’s value for its commercial proposition
- Ability to create a partner ecosystem for Dimagi in India and South Asia and position Dimagi as a strong partner in the ecosystem
- Working knowledge of Hindi Language
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff's well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.