Software as a Service (SaaS) Division Team
Cambridge, MA, Washington, DC
Partnerships Manager - New MarketsApply Now
Partnerships Manager - New Markets
Cambridge, MA, Washington, DC
Software as a Service (SaaS) Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the Role
Dimagi is hiring a Partnerships Manager – New Markets to join our SaaS sales team. The Partnerships Manager – New Markets is someone who gets excited by helping communities in need, ranging from underserved communities in North America to rural communities in India or Africa, by making an impact through their work and advocating for the use of digital technologies to serve populations in need. The Partnerships Manager – New Markets will work closely with all departments of the SaaS Division, as well as with team members across the U.S., Africa, Europe, and India.
Our product, CommCare, is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities, and the Partnerships Manager – New Markets will be one of the key members of our team, ensuring more people in need gain access to our product. The Partnerships Manager – New Markets will drive the exploration of mutually agreed upon new markets to build the foundation for CommCare to become the data collection and implementation tool of choice. Example markets (but not limited to):
- Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) - Network of healthcare centers that have a similar Community Health Worker (CHW) model as the one we empower in emerging markets but serve underserved populations in the US.
- Universities – Dimagi has had a lot of success selling CommCare within research departments of renowned universities in the US - mostly in global health departments, working on very impactful research projects.
- Some less explored international development verticals (e.g. Agriculture cooperatives)
The successful candidate will develop a pipeline of projects in those markets and contribute towards the strategy to further uncover CommCare's product-market fit (for instance, building the case towards which additional features would make CommCare even more successful) in those markets working in tandem with the Product Manager.
We are seeking someone who is highly organized, exudes a positive attitude, loves to connect with users and to solve their problems, and enjoys the power of software technologies. This role will require strong collaboration skills, a vision for CommCare's product use-case, and a good understanding of the funding cycles and mechanisms for the targeted organizations.
As the SaaS Division grows, it keeps iterating on its go-to-market strategy. There is hence significant room for innovation, problem solving, creativity, hands-on experience, and learning.
- Under the supervision of the US-based Senior Partnership Manager, manage the US New Market Sales pipeline to achieve and exceed quarterly revenue objectives while maintaining activity metrics and a good follow-up of the sales process
- Under supervision, execute the Sales efforts throughout the sales process, including:
- Investing time corresponding and engaging with members of the targeted organizations, often including senior leaders
- Researching new markets' dynamics and gathering their needs
- Recommending specific focus areas based on research
- Scheduling demos and follow-up calls
- Conveying the key value of our product
- Assisting clients with finding the best solution to fit their need
- Document approach to present to the broader team
- Leverage Salesforce.com to track and prioritize sales activities and to monitor sales outcomes
- Work closely with the SaaS Product Manager to outline the needs of the new key markets
- Create new processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- Gather learnings on our users and on our products and report to the SaaS Division on key outcomes and learning
This role will be based in the US, ideally in our Cambridge, MA, or Washington DC office. However, Dimagi will consider outstanding candidates based remotely within the United States as long as the working hours can match the 9 am-5 pm EST time zone.
What You Must Bring:
- 4-6 years of experience in M&E, M4D, or a related field
- Knowledge of sales/business development techniques
- Knowledge of ICT4D technologies such as CommCare, KoBoToolbox, OpenMRS or DHIS2
- Capacity and interest in mastering the use of a software product
- Outstanding communication and listening skills
- Confidence with presenting to all levels of an organization as well as comfort in “closing” a deal
- A strong ability to persuade and tailor your messaging depending on the audience
- Full-cycle closing experience in a SaaS / B2B tech environment
- Proficiency using CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Proficiency in statistical methodologies especially those used in research
- Knowledge of funding cycles and players in the target markets
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays - take the time off when you want to.
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to voluntary Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.