Global Technology Division Team
Full Stack EngineerApply Now
Full Stack Engineer
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our Global Technology team. This position will be based out of our Cambridge office but is also open to remote employment within the United States.
Our Global technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Build new features using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc.)
- Participate in agile process, code reviews, and release testing
Who You Must Be:
- Comfortable developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Background in building software for the web
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct, and efficient code
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and an excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.