Solutions Division Team
Partnerships AnalystApply Now
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts has supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Position:
This highly-motivated and dynamic member of our Competitive Consortia Practice will be a specialist in business intelligence research, writing, and coordinating partnership bids that lay the foundation and direction of many of our large, multi-year national scale programs.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in business development in the aid sector. The successful candidate will be an excellent researcher and writer who enjoys working collaboratively with distributed teams to reach out and join consortium partnerships and prepare high-quality financial and technical proposals.
At Dimagi, we care about impact, team, and profit. Do you have strong writing and analytical skills, a history of reaching targets, and a desire to make a social impact? Are you interested in the technology-for-good sector across the low and middle-income world? Then consider joining us at Dimagi in this key exciting role.
What You’ll Do:
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to take on various types of tasks, reliable in delivering results as required, and have an extremely keen judgment to determine prioritization. Their primary role will be to support senior directors in our global business development team in managing complex business development opportunities worldwide through research, analysis, writing, budget preparation, and bid coordination. These opportunities will primarily be USAID and US CDC opportunities.
You will help with various business development tasks, including but not limited to:
- Desk research and analysis: Synthesize country-specific digital health landscapes around the world
- Prospecting: Identify leading INGOs and local organizations working to transform health systems.
- Proposal development: Supporting senior directors in preparing and organizing partnership packages, creating digital health and digital development capabilities, budgets, and technical narratives.
- Running business processes: Manage team processes that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our BD team, including collating data, updating Salesforce, coordinating with service delivery teams to update documentation and project profiles, and maintaining internal/intranet documentation of such processes.
- Collateral development and communications: Refining, enhancing, and customizing content towards specific country contexts or social sector sub-sectors.
- Analyzing data: Preparing, extracting and analyzing opportunity and financial data to generate quantitative insights for our business strategy
- Maintaining knowledge management systems
- Other support to our senior business development directors, as needed
- Outstanding English writing skills and strong oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to create highly professional PowerPoint presentations
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to enforce and refine processes and systems for staying organized
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience in business development
- Experience in budgeting and proposal development
- Strong intercultural competencies, including experience working with multicultural, globalized teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Master of managing a busy inbox
- Ability to learn quickly and develop a comprehensive understanding of digital technical innovations and their practical application to solve development challenges in low resource contexts. Prior technological experience is not required, but an aptitude for learning about technology and applying technological concepts is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as business, global public health, engineering, or rural development
- Willingness to work three days a week in the second half of the day (12 noon - 8 pm IST) to better coordinate with Dimagi staff and partners in Africa and the USA. Comfortable working with distributed, global teams.
- Fluent in English
- Experience with USAID or CDC business development highly desired
- Understanding of community health systems in Sub-Saharan Africa and other low and middle-income regions of the world
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Knowledge of digital development technologies such as CommCare or other digital Global Goods, digital data collection tools, and/or business intelligence/analytics tools
- Professional fluency in French, Portuguese, or Spanish
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
- Opportunities to travel internationally
- Complimentary lunch in the office, when offices are open
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.
Please attach a cover letter and resume to the application below.