Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Operations Associate, People OpsApply Now
Operations Associate, People Ops
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for someone with strong attention to detail and an operational mindset, who finds joy in supporting a mission-driven organization to join our team based in Cambridge, MA. As the Operations Associate, People Ops at our Cambridge office, you’ll support the team in a very wide-range of HR, operational, and recruitment areas. This position will report to the Director of People Operations.
Our People Operations team takes pride in supporting our team based in our offices in Boston, D.C., and dispersed remotely across the U.S. and Canada. We’re impact-focused individuals who appreciate how people operations can work alongside our employees to help them make a global impact.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Global Projects: Lead global and regional Operational and POps projects. Plan and execute global projects assigned exclusively, and support POps Directors with additional projects and OKRs. Examples include:
- Creating new global operational workflows and reviewing and improving upon existing processes. An example would be reviewing the onboarding procedure.
- Drafting new HR policies
- Designing and conducting HR Trainings
- Researching HR technology & implementing it across the organization
- Operational Support: Support the team with operational work, and serve as the reviewer and backstop for work completed by the U.S. POps Admin. Look to improve existing workflows or administrative processes. Examples include:
- Lead the execution of payroll for the United States and select global employees
- Conduct compensation & salary assessments, which includes pulling cost of living data.
- Conduct benefit administration for all U.S. employees.
- Assist with U.S. visa filing, which includes working with hiring managers and legal counsel.
- Maintain existing state tax accounts & create new accounts as needed.
- Ensure POps financial workflows are streamlined and completed in full by the POps Admin, such as monthly POps expense report filing.
- People Management: Serve as the HR manager for members of the POps team, including the U.S. POps Admin. Serve as the backstop and reviewer of the work for individuals you manage, and focus on driving your direct report’s growth and development.
- Recruitment: Assist our recruiting team with leading full-cycle recruitment pipelines. This includes scheduling and conducting phone screens and interviews and conducting application review.
Who You Must Be:
- 2-4 years of experience in Operations or People Ops / Human Resources
- Exceptional attention to detail. Able to catch small mistakes and work efficiently on tasks that require extreme detail-orientation. Is able to review the work of others to ensure items are completed in full without error.
- Experience creating new operational processes and workflows. A solid understanding of how to improve processes with an eye on efficiency and ease.
- Phenomenal time management. Ability to juggle many competing priorities. Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a long or seemingly never-ending to-do list.
- Flexible mindset and ability to wear many hats throughout each day
- Able to provide assistance on HR or operational strategic projects and initiatives and filter an abstract idea into tangible next steps.
- Comfort handling spreadsheets, financials, and payroll data. Ability to complete basic payroll calculations. This role does not require expertise in excel.
- Interest in people management and comfort with managing other members of the People Operations team.
- Experience in a non-profit, start-up, B Corp, or social enterprise environment
- Prior experience with people management
- Prior experience at a global organization
** Dimagi’s offices are currently closed for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19. This role may require very occasional in-person tasks while our office is closed, and will be expected to join us in our Cambridge office once we are comfortable re-opening.**
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.