Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
COVID-19 Database Project ManagerApply Now
COVID-19 Database Project Manager
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprung into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our COVID-19 Response team works in some of the hardest-hit areas of the United States to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology.
About the Position
To support this work, Dimagi is seeking an ambitious candidate with a technical project or product management background to join our COVID-19 Response Team. This position is open to remote employment for individuals currently residing within the United States. This is a 12-month, fixed-term position.
In this role, you will manage the design and maintenance of a data warehouse system that will be the source for a variety of analytics and visualization work. Using your expert project management skills, you will work in an agile environment overseeing the development and implementation of various technical deliverables against tight timelines, including detailed project plans and documentation, stakeholder presentations, and application updates. Your efforts will help local governments extract greater insight from their COVID-19 case investigation and contact tracing data.
Due to the nature of COVID-19 response, the work will be challenging, but in the right ways - you'll have an opportunity to quickly dive into and learn from multiple project areas, all while making a real, positive impact. You will ensure that the team moves in a strategic direction while continually improving the project's effectiveness.
- Oversee software vendor in designing and implementing a data warehouse architecture in Snowflake, including staying on top of the following activities: the creation of data lakes, data warehouses, and data marts to meet business objectives around reporting and data sharing
- Be the point person for managing data warehouse user creation and permissioning
- Monitor and improve data warehouse performance, using pre-configured metrics and reporting
- Manage project budget against the Statement of Work
- Work with public health experts and local governments to determine key performance indicators for contact tracing operations; explore data and oversee the creation of efficient SQL queries to extract insights on operational trends
- Collaborate with and manage external technology vendors to optimize technology architecture with a focus on security, performance, flexibility, cost, and maintenance
- Create and maintain aesthetically pleasing and intuitive visualizations of KPIs using BI software
- Work with the Technology Lead to develop an initial draft product strategy, utilizing Dimagi’s data sharing, analytics, and visualization capabilities, giving thought to pricing and tiered offerings.
- Understand the positioning of key stakeholders (various teams in Dimagi, local governments, patients, contacts, technology partners, etc.) and collaborate with them to achieve objectives effectively.
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, and impact-driven individuals. For that reason, please consider the following requirements listed as general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in database or data warehouse project management (AWS RDS, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders, managing vendors, and delivering solutions that meet business goals and objectives
- High-level understanding of and familiarity with analytic data architecture and data modeling concepts and principles, including data lakes, warehouses, and marts
- Some experience with SQL and different kinds of data management technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed - must be able to break down high-level objectives into actionable steps and execute
- Quick learner who can pick up new technical concepts
- Highly organized, able to multitask, and detail-oriented - whether in collecting requirements, testing applications, etc.
- Results-oriented team player who also can coordinate and lead dynamic teams
- Analytical mindset - someone who isn’t afraid to get messy in SQL tables or working to figure out what part of an application isn’t right due to a bug
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Experience developing data warehouses (AWS RDS, Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Experience in relevant visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience delivering enterprise software systems and/or working within project management for software developers
At Dimagi, we aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and an excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.