Solutions Division Team
Senior Partnerships Associate - AsiaApply Now
Senior Partnerships Associate - Asia
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
At Dimagi, we care about impact, team, and profit. Do you have a history of reaching targets, establishing win-win partnerships, and a desire to make a social impact? Interested in the technology-for-good space? Then consider joining us at Dimagi in this key exciting role.
This highly-motivated and dynamic member of our Competitive Consortium team will be a specialist in prospecting, cultivating, selling, and closing consortium partnership bids that lay the foundation and direction of our large, multi-year national scale programs.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in business development in the aid sector. The successful candidate will have a seasoned ability to close large US-government funded opportunities, as well as trailblaze new funding strategies and channels.
What You’ll Do:
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to take on various types of tasks, reliable in delivering results as required, and have an extremely keen judgment to determine prioritization.
You will help with various business development and partnership development tasks, including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence: forecast information on upcoming RFPs and funding opportunities for major funding agencies pertinent to regions in Asia.
- Prospecting: Identify different leads and opportunities within new potential geographical regions, as well as identifying important conferences, workshops, or networking spaces in the region pertinent to ICT4D.
- Account Management: Work with select partners to create actionable partnerships and new project opportunities.
- Opportunity Management: Managing our response on different competitive RFPs and opportunities through the completion of partnership packages when needed to sell Dimagi’s professional services offerings directly to clients and partners. Create budgets, scopes of work, and parse legal documents as necessary. Comfortable problem-solving in real-time and explaining high-level health care infrastructure and technologies to unfamiliar audiences.
- Business Processes and Business Intelligence: Improving business processes, such as capture and tracking of opportunities across the world, with both traditional and non-traditional funders in the US and in low and lower-middle-income countries around the world.
- Supporting our global business development team on:
- Refining partnership collateral and giving structure to country-specific information as needed.
- Generating analysis and reports from our Salesforce data, both one-off requests and managing recurring processes.
- Maintaining our Knowledge Management systems
- Providing support to country-specific or region-specific partnerships as needed and appropriate
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in business development in the international development sector
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field - public health, agriculture, development, or technology - or equivalent experience
- Experience working with international NGOs and private sector companies working in the international development sector
- Experience in budgeting, proposal development, market analysis
- Knowledge of funding mechanisms of large funding agencies, primarily US Government
- Excellent, clear written and oral communication abilities
- Able and willing to present to a wide range of audiences on topics as diverse as global public health, agriculture, WASH, supply chain, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and develop a comprehensive understanding of mobile technical innovations and their practical application to solve development challenges in economically-varied contexts
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proven competencies in relationship management, including evidence of conflict resolution abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills (You enjoy working closely with people and explaining the power of technology to those who might not be as technical as you are.)
- Ability to be target-driven while also a team player
- Strong intercultural competencies
- Significant experience with ADB, KOICA, JICA or other Asia regional bilateral and multilateral development funding institutions
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as global public health, engineering, or business administration
- Proven understanding of digital development technologies such as CommCare, DHIS2, other digital Global Goods, and open source business intelligence tools
- Professional fluency in French, Portuguese, or other languages
Please Note: This role would be hired as an independent consultant. In addition to the consulting fee, the consultant will also be reimbursed for any travel or business-related expenses.