Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
ICT Implementation SpecialistApply Now
ICT Implementation Specialist
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
When COVID-19 came to the US, Dimagi sprung into action. We were among the first on the scene to support efforts in the United States, rolling out a web-based contact tracing system for the City of San Francisco in a few weeks. Today, our COVID-19 Response team works in some of the hardest-hit areas of the United States to roll out statewide and local contact tracing technology.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for an ICT Implementation Specialist to join our Global Strategy and Operations team. Dimagi’s technology is being utilized for the COVID-19 response, and we are seeking someone who wants to use their technical background to get things done and find solutions to complex problems to help in this response.
This position will be based out of our Cambridge, MA office but is also open to remote employment within the US. This role is a 12-month fixed-term position with the option for converting to a permanent status pending re-evaluation of requirements at the end of the contract.
The ICT Implementation Specialist will help bridge the in-depth domain-knowledge of our partners and field team with the power of our technology platform. You’ll develop a deep understanding of our software platform and push the boundaries of what CommCare can do. That experience and training will help you to design the architecture, best practices, and design patterns that our field teams apply to their work. You’ll work with our world-class services team to help them adopt those patterns as well as with our software team translating real-world experience to design.
- Implement advanced CommCare app features for Dimagi projects which require platform expertise and a high level of technical competency
- Provide early-stage design support to projects to scope the value and risk of complex technical components
- Develop, document, and champion best practices with our field teams for application deployment and release for large projects
- Provide product feedback and technical requirements to the tech team to inform the design of advanced features for the platform
- Work with Dimagi’s support team to backstop issues requiring in-depth knowledge of the platform. Develop tools and procedures to build capacity in the support team to resolve complex problems independently
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or an equivalent technical field and 2-5 years of experience in a professional technical role, OR
- 5-7 years of experience in a professional technical role
- Able to build an understanding of the scope of a (non-technical) problem and adapt novel technological solutions to it
- Aptitude and self-direction to quickly learn new technical systems
- Capacity to seek out, identify, and interpret unfamiliar technical components (configuration files, Http response, etc.) to identify and address problems
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with and work within teams across multiple geographies
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Eligible to work in the United States
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.