Global Technology Division Team
DevOps EngineerApply Now
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the Position:
Our Global technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Our software provides mission-critical services and data to governments, health practitioners, and vulnerable populations. As such, reliability and confidence in our approach is key and a successful candidate will be able to bring direct experience monitoring and forecasting hardware utilization to ensure high availability.
Dimagi is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Global Technology team. This position can be based out of our office in Cambridge, MA but is also open to remote employment within the United States and Canada. The DevOps Engineer must be able to work during the Eastern US work hours (9 am - 5 pm) with occasional coverage of Pacific US work hours.
Dimagi’s technology is being utilized for the COVID-19 response, and we are looking for engineers to assist with this effort. We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to support us in our efforts to improve, maintain, and design our approach to the hardware and cloud services that back our core software in AWS. Our software is driven by a modern, horizontally scalable architecture, so experience with both optimizing vertical utilization of services and managing sharded and distributed systems is essential. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our engineers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Infrastructure automation
- Hardware requirements forecasting
- Provisioning new systems / subsystems
- Systems administration
- Monitoring / alerting
- Systems configuration
- Profiling and tuning critical systems for maximum performance
Who You Must Be:
- At least 2+ years of experience with infrastructure and engineering
- Understanding of web application architectures
- Experience maintaining production systems in AWS
- Experience making infrastructure trade-off decisions at scale
- Proficiency with Linux based DB systems
- Familiarity with automation tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Authorized to work in the country of the office for which you are applying
Essential Systems Experience
- Performance tuning Linux based DB systems (PostgreSQL, Oracle, or equivalent)
Familiarity with any of the following systems:
- Container orchestration
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.