Global Strategy and Operations Team
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Project Finance AdministratorApply Now
Project Finance Administrator
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Global Strategy and Operations Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
About the position:
Dimagi is looking to hire a Project Finance Administrator. The ideal candidate will be based in Cape Town at the Dimagi South Africa Office. This position, however, is also flexible to remote work for the right candidate.
The Project Finance Administrator will be a supportive role to the broader Project Finance team and will support the management of the financial, contractual, and administrative requirements of Dimagi’s financial projects.
As a member of the Project Finance team, this role also requires additional ongoing coordination with colleagues based in other country offices as well as with various partners all around the world. The Project Finance Administrator will report to the Project Finance Lead.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to -
- Generating and reviewing financial reports, including the review of AP and AR reconciliations, and month-end journal entries
- Preparation and maintaining of time tracking reports for billing
- Monthly completion and submission of invoices, labor tables, and/or any required supporting documents, etc.
- Monthly/Quarterly completion and submission of financial reports with support from senior team members
- Preparation and maintenance of project budgets and tracking against time and material invoices raised, with support from senior team members
- Prepare and collate financial documents in support of the annual audit
- Completion of various statutory registrations and financial documents for the company, with support from senior team members
- Maintain relevant financial documentation and back-office support processes
- Work on various cloud-based systems for accounting, task and time management, and project management (Sage, Intacct, Asana, Expensify, Skype, etc.)
- Developing and maintaining partner and vendor relationships
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Financial or Accounting administration Diploma/Degree
- 1-3 years experience in Finance, Accounting, or Budgeting
- Basic understanding of financial reporting
- Intermediate MS Office and Google Office Suite, with a focus on Excel/Google Sheet functions
- Experience working on cloud-based systems
- Flexible and easily adaptable to new processes and systems
- Professional and committed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with a portfolio of partners and in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and is a fast learner
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – verbal and written
- Ability to identify operational and financial risks within a project or task
- Knowledge of financial and project audits and requirements
- Knowledge of A-133/Single Audits
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US government-funded projects
- Knowledge of US NICRAs and Indirect Cost Rate Calculations
- Experience reviewing project contracts for financial reporting requirements
- Experience in financial reporting
- Experience working with an international team
- Experience working remotely
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of public holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
If interested, please include your CV and cover letter in English with the application below.