Global Technology Team
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Cyber Security and Compliance EngineerApply Now
Cyber Security and Compliance Engineer
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Global Technology Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position:
Our Global technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Dimagi is looking for a Cyber Security and Compliance Engineer to join our Global Technology team. This position can be based out of our Cambridge office but is also open to remote employment within the United States. This role is a 12-month fixed-term position with the option for converting to a permanent status pending re-evaluation of requirements at the end of the contract.
Dimagi’s technology is being utilized for the COVID-19 response in the US across jurisdictions, and we are looking for experienced engineers to support our domestic expansion. This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Lead ongoing evaluation and improvement of Dimagi’s compliance with privacy standards, and security control mechanisms and practices
- Improve the capabilities and efficiencies of our security and compliance control mechanisms by developing new software features and introducing automation
- Execute or support the execution of core security and compliance operations: incident investigation, periodic review, alert monitoring, etc.
- Perform internal auditing and review of security infrastructure and process execution
- Perform threat analysis to identify and prioritize security work
- Build new features using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Work with Dimagi’s external partners on security reviews and compliance evaluation
- Lead initiatives to improve the set of compliance standards for Dimagi’s platform
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
Who You Must Be:
- 5+ years of experience in cybersecurity OR 5+ years of experience in software engineering and 2+ years in cybersecurity
- Experience and knowledge of common compliance standards, and willing to become an expert in Dimagi’s scopes of compliance like HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Experienced and knowledgeable about common security approaches at both a cloud appliance and software development practice level
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity or related disciplines
- Familiarity with building backend software for the web, and with cloud mechanisms for privacy and security
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experienced in leading architecture and design decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experienced in developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Passionate about “human-centric” security approaches, and identifying usable and practical software solutions to challenges
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and an excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.