Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Manager, Programs and Partnerships, MozambiqueApply Now
Manager, Programs and Partnerships, Mozambique
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Solutions Team - Full-time
Title: Manager, Programs and Partnerships (Gestor de parcerias e projectos)
Employer: Africa HR Solutions (providing services to Dimagi)
Location of Assignment: Maputo, Mozambique
Language(s) Required: English and Portuguese
Duration of Contract: 24 months
Please Note: This position is based in Maputo, Mozambique and requires legal authorization to work in Mozambique.
About the Position
Africa HR Solutions is seeking a Manager, Programs and Partnerships, to represent Dimagi in Mozambique as they work with their partners to implement digital services projects in Mozambique. Dimagi has partnerships with international non-governmental organizations to implement national scale digital health systems in Mozambique.
Dimagi works on a broad range of international development issues, including strengthening community health programs, electronic medical records, care coordination, agricultural extension programs, and in remote data collection. The work they do currently involves the design, development and large scale deployment of mobile applications and dashboards for health programs and intense collaboration and coordination with their partners to ensure the broader success of their programs. This role will also collaborate closely with Dimagi's teams in South Africa, Senegal, and the USA.
The ideal candidate has strong relationship management skills, an understanding of the health sector in Mozambique, and is comfortable working independently. It is estimated that this person will spend the significant majority of their time on project work and partnerships, while also additionally engaging in business development activities.
- Represent the company on-the-ground as the lead in-person coordinator of Mozambique-based digital services projects.
- Collaborate with DImagi's Mozambique-based partners, their South Africa-based implementation team, and an international team of software developers.
- Coordinate business development efforts to expand the company's portfolio in Mozambique.
- Gather requirements for the ongoing refinement, evolution, and expansion of the company's applications and associated digital systems more broadly.
- Manage expectations of a wide range of project stakeholders in terms of system features, capabilities, and service standards.
- Coordinate with partners and vendors both within and outside of Mozambique to ensure an end-to-end solution.
- Manage projects with an eye to the big picture as it relates to long term sustainability, strategic value and impact of the overall intervention.
- Prepare and maintain project plans outlining the activities, necessary steps, risks, and dependencies of given work streams as the project progresses and report updates on a bi-weekly basis.
- Lead meetings to review project progress, mitigate risks, coordinate tasks, and ensure quality implementation.
- Work alongside technical leads in strengthening applications, visiting implementation sites, and building partner capacity.
- Travel to attend meetings with government officials and project leaders, as needed. Travel will be primarily focused in Mozambique.
- Other responsibilities, as required, to ensure the success of the company's programs and partnerships in Mozambique
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years of project management experience (accountability for end-to-end project delivery in multi-year, donor-funded projects with many stakeholders).
- Experience working with the Government of Mozambique
- Excellent verbal communication skills, both listening and speaking. Strong written communication skills. Ability to represent the company in meetings at various levels.
- Excellent partnership management experience. Experience of having managed expectations in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Able to work with a variety of partners and constituents and to drive strategic conversations with a range of stakeholders at all levels of the health system including the public health system.
- Planning and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow through on project-based work.
- Demonstrated initiative and comfort with unstructured problems in a diverse environment. Solution-oriented problem solver with good analytical capability.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple project tracks and work streams.
- Adaptability and interest in wearing many different hats.
- Willing to travel at short notice for meetings, project work, etc.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, technology, public health, public administration, or other relevant fields.
- Professional proficiency (verbal and written) in English and Portuguese.
- Authorized to work in Mozambique
Nice to haves:
- Experience working on technology projects or products.
- Experience working in an international team across multiple geographies.
- Experience and interest in public sector and government programs in Mozambique.
- Experience working in the health sector.
- Experience in business development in the aid sector.
This a full time contract for a duration of 24 months with a focus on project service delivery. It is expected that you will collaborate remotely with the company's staff in South Africa, Senegal, and USA.
Compensation will be competitive with local rates. The consultant will be reimbursed for any travel or business related expenses.
If interested, please include your CV and cover letter in English with the application below.