Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Senior Partnerships AssociateApply Now
Senior Partnerships Associate
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Solutions Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products and services that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
Who You Are:
The Senior Partnerships Associate will be joining our Business Development team in Cape Town, South Africa. You will be responsible for liaising with mid and senior level management of multiple international development associations to plan some of the world’s largest and most impactful global development projects at the inception stage. You will help serve our traditional clients on short notice, provide expert advice on costs and feasibility of their projects, and serve to enable our global team to work more efficiently by bringing new perspectives to current internal business processes.
You should have excellent organizational skills and be able to facilitate complex partnerships within very tight deadlines. Ideally, you’ll have a familiarity with US and other major international donor assistance government contracting mechanisms (USAID, CDC, DFID, or otherwise) in the international aid sector. You should have excellent writing and research skills, good analytical reasoning, and keen attention to detail.
We are seeking someone with a background in business development, donor engagement, and an understanding of international development, specifically within the global health sector. This position is ideal for motivated professionals who are seeking a leadership career track with a leading ICT4D organization.
What You’ll Do:
The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to take on various types of tasks, reliable in delivering results as required, and have an extremely keen judgment to determine prioritization.
You will help with various business development and partnership development tasks, including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence: forecast information on upcoming RFPs and funding opportunities for all major funding agencies and all sectors pertinent to the Africa region, and if feasible, to West Africa in particular.
- Prospecting: Identify different leads and opportunities within new potential geographical regions, as well as identifying important conferences, workshops, or networking spaces in the region pertinent to ICT4D.
- Account Management: Work with select partners to create actionable partnerships and new project opportunities.
- Opportunity Management: Supporting different competitive RFPs and opportunities through the completion of partnership packages when needed to sell Dimagi’s professional services offerings directly to clients and partners. Create budgets, scopes of work, and parse legal documents as necessary. Comfortable problem-solving in real-time and explaining high-level health care infrastructure and technologies to unfamiliar audiences.
- Supporting our Global Business Development teams on:
- Refining partnership collateral and help giving structure to country-specific information as needed.
- Generating analysis and reports from our Salesforce data, both one-off requests and managing recurring processes.
- Maintaining our Business Development Knowledge Management (wiki, website, study cases, country-specific examples)
- Providing support to other country office partnerships as needed and appropriate
This position is based out of our Cape Town, South Africa office, with the option to relocate to Johannesburg after one year.
What You Must Bring:
- A strong desire to make a social impact
- At least two years of experience in business development or sales, preferably within the international development sector
- At least four years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, economics, global health, relevant social sciences, or related studies
- Comfort with analytical tasks such as understanding and manipulating complex excel workbooks and budgets.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa
Nice to Have:
- Professional fluency in French and/or Portuguese is highly desired. French fluency, in particular, will bolster our evaluation of your application.
- Experience working in West Africa
- Understand health care technologies such as CommCare, OpenMRS or DHIS2
- Extensive experience in low resource contexts
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent CRM
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of public holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.