Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Partnerships Manager, Southern AfricaApply Now
Partnerships Manager, Southern Africa
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Solutions Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products and services that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
Who You Are:
Title: Partnerships Manager, Southern Africa
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you have a history of reaching targets, establishing win-win partnerships, and a desire to make a social impact? Interested in the technology-for-good space? Then consider joining us at Dimagi in this key exciting role.
This highly-motivated and dynamic member of our Global Practice leadership team will be a specialist in prospecting, cultivating, selling, and closing of technology products and contract deals.
This individual will possess professional experiences in varied cultural environments, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa. The successful candidate will have a seasoned ability to implement multiple business development (BD) strategies simultaneously, combined with matured cross-cultural competency.
What You’ll Do:
As the lead of the Global Practice’s Business Development efforts for Southern and Eastern Africa, you will lead Dimagi’s efforts to ensure Dimagi’s reputation as one of the top-tier experts in mobile technology that effectively and humbly advances the social well-being of the populations it serves. The primary responsibilities encompassed in this role are as follows:
- Develop Dimagi’s business in Southern and Eastern Africa across a variety of funding streams, including B2B, RFPs, government funders such as DFID and GIZ, other multilateral donors such as UNICEF GAVI and Global Fund, and private funders such as the Gates Foundation and other family foundations. Strategically prioritize resources within and across channels.
- Sell Dimagi’s profoundly practical and accessible CommCare product and professional services to achieve the team targets that you help set. This requires the ability to understand technical systems and translate them into client needs.
- Identify core criteria for quality contacts that increase in volume each quarter, based on a prioritized list of accounts.
- Lead proposal development, including team coordination and writing efforts to submit winning applications for competitive proposals and/or bids
- Prioritize tactics for top-tier prospects and current stakeholders that build toward meeting and exceeding Dimagi’s expectations regarding priority areas, such as CommCare sales, enterprise-level contracts, and high-end inbound transactions.
- Work directly with implementation partners, NGOs, and governments to craft solutions which meet their needs based on Dimagi’s competencies and offerings
- Lead Dimagi’s growth strategy with key accounts and priority countries on the continent
- 4+ prior years of experience in sales and business development, preferably in the international development or technology sector
- Experience in the social and international development sector through prior job experience or educational background
- Proficiency with CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Experienced in budgeting, proposal development, and strategic analysis
- Demonstrated technical and project management skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Adept at negotiation
- A proven ‘closer’
- Proven ability to establish and build relationships. A strong ability to engage and grow a network of stakeholders.
- Ability to be target-driven while also being a supportive member of the greater Global Practice team
- Ability to travel, up to x5 per year for 1-week trips.
- Fluent in French and/or Portuguese
- Prior experience forming partnerships within the international development sector
- Understand ICT4D technologies such as CommCare, OpenMRS or DHIS2
- Degree in development studies or business administration.
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of public holidays
- Unlimited sick leave, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.