Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Partnerships AssociateApply Now
Senior Partnerships Associate
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Solutions Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products and services that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the position:
Dimagi is hiring a Senior Partnerships Associate to join our partnerships team in our Washington, DC office. This position will play a key role in building our national scale multi-year programs. Efforts will include expanding the scale of our systems, e.g., to new states or districts and by working towards aligning verticals within or between ministries, e.g., RMNCH programs successfully integrating HIV programming or nutrition programs aligning with the Ministry of Agriculture.
We are seeking someone with a background in business development, donor engagement, and a basic understanding of international development. This position is ideal for motivated professionals who are seeking a leadership career track with a leading ICT4D organization. This position will be based out of Dimagi’s Dupont office in Washington DC.
Responsibilities of this role:
On any given day, you may be meeting with the leadership of a global development bank one moment and conducting market analysis of private sector funders in the DRC the next. The successful candidate will be flexible and willing to take on various types of tasks, reliable in delivering results as required, and have an extremely keen judgment to determine prioritization.
The prospective hire will be responsible for:
- Assisting with improving internal business processes, such as capture and tracking of opportunities within non-traditional donors for our practices’ key countries (South Africa, Madagascar, Benin, Mozambique, India, Senegal, Niger, Burkina Faso, Guatemala, Nepal, and Ethiopia).
- Desktop research of existing projects, such as USAID mid-term evaluations in order to find areas for potential expansion of our technology capabilities
- Liaise with in-country project staff to find opportunities for expanded workflows
- Work with Dimagi’s communications team and implementing partners to correctly position existing projects for reinvestment
- Liaising with donors and implementing agencies at external events and build up a network of relevant contacts
- Providing overflow support to country offices on active USAID bids during busy periods
- Identify a roster of non-traditional corporate or other philanthropic donors to augment or close gaps on existing in-country scopes of work.
- Meeting with partners on a rotating basis to match our capabilities against their needs, ensuring that we continue to be responsive to the market’s needs
- Create budgets, scopes of work and parse legal documents as necessary - the ideal candidate would be equal parts comfortable working with analytical as well as qualitative tasks
Who You Must Be:
- Have one to two years of partnerships experience in the international development sector
- Have a minimum of 4+ years of general work experience
- Have a broad understanding of international development
- Have a broad understanding of ICT4D
- Have experience and be comfortable representing your organization externally - both at meetings of senior leadership among government or implementing organizations and at events and discussions
- Have exceptional networking experience and a roster of decision-making contacts at various strategic organizations, either funders or implementing agencies
- Be comfortable with and understand the basics of corporate financial data
- Create fantastic presentation decks for clients, synthesizing complex issues to 45-minute meetings
- Be comfortable using all Microsoft Office products
- Be comfortable working in a startup-like culture of a small office and tackling projects independently when given broad direction.
- Have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field (technology, development, health, economics, etc)
- Be presently authorized to work in the United States.
Nice to Have:
Extra consideration will go to candidates who:
- Have had experience raising development project funding outside of USAID mechanisms, e.g. with the private sector, DFID, GIZ. All candidates demonstrating connections and success in fundraising and a deep understanding of the non-USAID landscape will be given strong consideration.
- Have fluency in French or Portuguese
- Understand health care technologies such as CommCare, OpenMRS or DHIS2
- Have extensive field experience in low resource contexts, such as returned Peace Corps volunteers or similar
- Have previously served as “proposal Czar” or a similar role for an organization priming a USAID grant or co-ag
- Have basic modeling and forecasting skills, based on sparse and incomplete data sets
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays - take the time off when you want to.
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to voluntary Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.