Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Sales Development RepresentativeApply Now
Sales Development Representative
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Growth Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
About the Position:
We're seeking an impact-driven Sales Development Representative (SDR) who is curious, cares deeply, and values quality to join our Growth team. This individual will help connect communities with software that can make a significant difference in their lives. This role will be based out of our Cape Town, South Africa office.
A few perks that make this role unique:
- This role will be involved in the inception stages of building our sales team and strategy. This means there will be significant room for innovation, problem-solving, creativity, hands-on experience, and learning.
- For the right candidate, this role will have significant room for growth.
- This position provides the opportunity to travel internationally.
Who You Are:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will join our small, growing sales team in our Cape Town, South Africa office. The SDR is someone who gets excited by helping communities in need, ranging from communities in Sub-Saharan Africa to rural India, and making an impact through their work. The SDR will work closely with the full growth team (sales, marketing, product, and customer success), with team members in the U.S. and India.
Our product, CommCare, is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities. The SDR will be one of the critical members of our team, ensuring more people in need have the opportunity to gain access to our product. This is an entry-level role, and the SDR will be trained in all aspects of our sales process and the industry we work in. We are seeking someone who is highly organized, enjoys connecting with users and customers, exudes a positive attitude, and cares deeply to make an impact through their work.
What You'll Do:
- Own and execute the Sales Development efforts in the lead qualifying stage of the process, including:
- Research new contacts at ideal prospective organizations (outbound leads)
- Identify interesting possible new leads by looking at their activities with our website, product, and emails and by answering their questions on our Live Chat tool.
- Schedule meetings/calls & qualify leads by discussing their needs
- Create revenue opportunities for Account Executives
- Invest time corresponding and engaging with senior leaders of large businesses - on the phone, by email, via WebEx, and through social media outreach
- Evangelize Dimagi's brand and offering, and assist clients with finding the best solution to fit their need
- Manage and monitor your work using Salesforce and other sales tools and technologies
- Gather learnings on our users and their experience with our product and disseminate learnings back to the rest of the Growth team
- Proactively identify ways to improve the qualifying part of the sales process to maximize the revenue pipeline
- Report to the Growth team on critical outcomes and key sales metrics
What You Must Bring:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in related discipline
- A love for connecting communities, and clients, to a product that can make a significant difference in their lives
- A "people person" who is energized by connecting with people.
- Fluency (both written and verbal) in English
- Rigorous, strong organizational and time management skills
- A love for learning new technology
- Excitement to join a small, growing sales team and comfort juggling many tasks at once
- A passion for sales and a desire to achieve results
- Outstanding communication and listening skills as well as independence and persistence
- Comfortable prospecting and reaching out to new leads
- Curious, ability, and willingness to learn, to react to, and share lessons learned across the organization.
- Prior internship or work experience in sales
- Existing understanding of or previous experience in the software or tech industry
- Proficiency using CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Diligent reporting skills with an appreciation for demonstrating results with data.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or additional languages
- Desire to make a social impact
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to offer benefits that have a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.