Full-Stack Software Engineer for the largest mHealth program in the worldApply Now
Full-Stack Software Engineer for the largest mHealth program in the world
Tech Team - Full-time
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
Dimagi is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer based in Delhi to work on our Open Source platform. You will help to develop and improve our platform that is the technology backbone for one of our ground-breaking, large-scale mHealth projects, which is transforming community health systems across multiple Indian states. This project will have the potential to impact health and nutrition service delivery for millions of underserved people all over the country.
This position is ideal for someone who prefers small organizations to large ones, multi-tasking to single-project assignments, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for rapid prototyping, making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Please note that this is fixed-term employment till the end of 2020, and the annual salary for this position will range between Rs. 12,00,000/- to Rs. 14,50,000/-, depending on experience and qualifications. This position is based out of our Delhi office but is also open to a remote work plan for the right candidate within India.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Build new features using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc.)
Skills and requirements:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Comfortable developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Background in building software for the web
- Familiarity with using a version control system to facilitate collaborative work
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with colleagues across the globe
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in building dashboards and reports for large data-sets
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
- Fluency in spoken Hindi
Benefits we offer:
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to provide benefits that have a substantial impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
- Complimentary lunch in the office