Global Services Team
Chief of PartyApply Now
Chief of Party
Global Services Team - Full-time
Founded out of Harvard University and MIT in 2002, Dimagi is an award-winning global technology social enterprise with an impact-focused business model. We deliver open source technology to help underserved communities in over 60 countries around the world. Our team of exceptional public health and development specialists, software developers, engineers, and field staff apply their experience in technology development, implementation, and global healthcare delivery to further public health and wellbeing.
Dimagi is seeking a Chief of Party to drive one of our groundbreaking, large-scale mHealth projects, transforming community health systems across the vast country of India. These projects have the potential to impact health and nutrition service delivery for hundreds of millions of under-served people all over India.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing large scale ICT programs in partnership with the Government of India. This person will have a relentless and steadfast work ethic, driven to deliver programmatic results for the partners we work with and the beneficiaries we serve, S/he will lead and enable a bright and motivated team of Dimagi staff, as well as plan proactively for the long term success and sustainability of the program. S/he will interact with a wide range of governmental, intergovernmental, and NGO partners, bringing our efforts together for the benefit of the overall program.
The successful candidate will drive industry-changing improvements to healthcare delivery with central and state governments on national level projects. S/he will enjoy a diversity of work, day-to-day and week-to-week. This person will join our world-class team to learn and share best practices and expertise across the globe. We request a 2-year commitment in New Delhi for this position, but employment is at-will according to company policies.
- Represent Dimagi as a strategic partner with a wide range of senior stakeholders, including government ministries, intergovernmental organizations, and NGOs, aligning stakeholders and building rapport
- Work with government and funder clients to discuss and manage the roadmap, timelines, scope, and long-term vision of the program
- Manage major program decisions or equip clients to make major program decisions where tradeoffs are required
- Providing strategic direction, to maximize our expected impact
- Driving continuous improvement for efficiently delivering better, higher impact programs at greater scale, year over year
- Seek out the right guidance from the right people (both in Dimagi’s global management team and in Dimagi’s set of strategic partners) to ensure the hardest problems of the program get solved, one way or another
- Keep on top of a range of moving workstreams, deciding who works on what and ensuring that limited staff resources are properly prioritized
- Support and mentor a dynamic team of development specialists to enable their effectiveness and ensure their satisfaction and growth
- Constant communication and coordination with a far-flung team across multiple time zones. Expect many meetings and much e-mail.
- Oversight of project budget
- Leading team meetings to review project progress, ensure quality implementation, coordinate tasks, and mitigate risks
- In keeping with Dimagi’s flat organizational culture, conducting the occasional field visit or partner training to understand our work on the ground, as well as become familiar with the inner workings of the software we produce, so that it can be explained and discussed meaningfully with partners
- Provide the team with a strong sense of purpose and vision
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 11+ years of work experience
- 5+ years of program management experience
- 5+ years of experience managing large scale ICT projects
- 2+ years working with the Government of India at a senior level
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including ability to write emails and manage inbox consistent with being able to work with a geographically distributed and multicultural team
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in enterprise project delivery for the Government of India
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and geographically distributed environment
- Focused on delivering results
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, technology, public health, or other relevant fields
- Fluency in English
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Consulting experience delivering enterprise software implementations or other experience managing consortium partnerships
- Experience working with community health and nutrition programs in low resource contexts
- Fluency in Hindi