Managing Data in CommCare
A starter guide to inspecting, cleaning and exporting data in CommCare.Learn More
Managing Data in CommCare
A starter guide to inspecting, cleaning and exporting data in CommCare.
What will you learn from using this guide?
This Starter Guide introduces key features in CommCare for effective data management, which can help lead to better analysis and greater insights into performance, progress, and impact. The guide is organized into two parts: Exporting Data and Inspecting and Cleaning Data.
In Part 1, Exporting Data, you’ll learn how to:
- Distinguish between the four main types of exports
- Select and configure the right export for your needs
- Manage the exports that have been created
- Distinguish and interpret captured data and metadata in an export
- Understand and minimize the effects of app changes on exports
In Part 2, Inspecting and Cleaning Data, you’ll explore how to:
- Inspect form submissions and how they interact with cases
- Edit individual form submissions
- Remove accidental, erroneous, or test submissions from your data
- Close duplicate, test, or old cases
- Use each available tool appropriately, based on your needs and in light of the tool’s limitations
A look at what's inside
Improve data cleanliness for accurate reporting and analysis.
Understand best practices for exporting data.
Learn how to inspect and clean raw data.
Other Toolkits offered by dimagi
Drawing from 10+ years of experience, Dimagi has developed several resources to support users in implementing digital solutions. Download the toolkits below to help you plan and implement your project.
Business Development Toolkit
Use the Business Development Toolkit to develop a BD pipeline for your organization.
The CommCare Evidence Base
Over 60 studies have assessed CommCare's impact, making it the most evidence-based mobile platform for frontline workers in low-resource settings.
Managing Devices at Scale
Key learnings from managing thousands of devices in a large-scale mobile health project.
The Maturity Model
Use the Maturity Model to establish a long-term vision for building and scaling your mobile system.
Data Collection Guide
Use this introductory guide to data collection to organize your data collection plan.
Mobile Data Collection Guide
Read this guide to learn almost everything you need to know to set up your own successful mobile data collection program.
Total Cost of Ownership Model
Use the Total Cost of Ownership Model to budget for your mobile solution.
CommCare + DHIS2 Digital Health Systems
Learn how CommCare and DHIS2 integrate to create sustainable data pipelines.