Solutions Division Team
Project AnalystApply Now
Solutions Division Team - Full-Time Fixed Term
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Position:
Dimagi’s Project Analysts are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, making things work in trying environments, and developing solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
As a Project Analyst, you must be based out of Dakar, Senegal and may have to travel extensively to deploy CommCare, a mobile phone application for frontline workforces.
You will join our global team of Project Analyst and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in Cape Town.
Contract duration: Twelve (12) months, with a possibility to renew.
Why this is an amazing opportunity?
- Tackle cutting edge problems of using technology for development, daily
- International exposure to some of the biggest projects in developing countries
- We are a dynamic execution focused team that maintains a social culture. We are excited to come to work every day.
- This is a core role at Dimagi with a lot of room for growth, working with our global teams in Boston, Cape Town and Delhi.
- Be challenged & fulfilled
- Opportunity to work on projects in other Southern African countries
- Manage mHealth projects and coordinate partnerships.
- Conduct technical needs assessment, requirements gathering and workflow mapping for a wide range of social sector programs, mainly health (e.g., HIV, Malaria and TB) and agriculture.
- Design and development of mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare.
- Train groups of end users on how to use the tool effectively.
- Deliver remote and in-person trainings to build capacity of partners’ in-country teams.
- Prepare technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids.
- Provide programmatic support and monitoring of project activity.
- Analyze mHealth data and develop data analysis tools/reports to ensure that the information gathered is meaningful and actionable to our partners.
Skills & Requirements:
- 1 – 4 years of work experience, preferably working in the public health sector and/or development and/or with NGOs
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Capable of working independently
- Able to juggle many things at once
- Flexible and able to wear many hats / take on multiple roles
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural, distributed, and international team setting
- Professional Fluency in English
- Having a valid work permit for Senegal
- Desire to make a social impact
- Fluency in Portuguese/ French is an asset
- 1 – 2+ years of business analysis experience
- 1 – 2+ years of project management experience
- 1 – 2+ years of Field experience
- Comfort with mathematics, statistics and/or data management
Is this the right position for me?
Our Project Analyst program is designed for adventurous, adaptable, self-motivated people who are seeking field experience. They are public health experts, project managers, software engineers, consultants, researchers, former lawyers, and students.
Dimagi is very flexible in terms of growth and career progression, and is often able to accommodate people’s interests in defining their current and future roles. This makes it a great position for someone seeking to build a career in international development.
Other Job Perks
- Do you like to travel? You will get travel opportunities often to very off the beaten path locations, where the real work happens (subject to travel permissions).
- Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off, inclusive of public holidays, to use to relax, travel, or visit home.
- Flexibility to explore new areas of interest (research, project management, data analysis, business development, etc.) while still growing a career.
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.
If interested, please include your CV and cover letter in English with the application below.