Global Services Team
Cambridge, MA, United States
Field Manager (Haiti Focus)Apply Now
Field Manager (Haiti Focus)
Cambridge, MA, United States
Global Services Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good and ICT4D space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
As a Field Manager for our expanding our work in Haiti you will use technology to address data collection needs of our partners. We are looking for an adventurous individual who is eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment. You will have the opportunity to support the work of frontline workers, become an expert on Dimagi products and technologies (like CommCare), and deepen the partnerships and projects that Dimagi employs extensively throughout the world. You will be based out of Dimagi’s headquarters in Cambridge, MA with opportunities for frequent travel to Haiti and other locations where Dimagi works.
Field Manager are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, making things work in trying environments, and developing solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
Our Field Manager role is designed for adaptable, self-motivated people who are interested in understanding what makes technology work in practice in low-resource settings. They are public health experts, project managers, software engineers, consultants, researchers, former lawyers, and students. They are able to self-organize and self-manage, thrive on the intricacy and challenge of project management, enjoy travel and field work, and function at a high level when interacting with existing and potential partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Tackle cutting-edge problems of scaling technology for development, daily
- Gain exposure to some of the biggest mHealth projects in developing countries
- Join an execution-focused team that maintains a social culture. We are excited to come to work every day.
- Take part in a core role at Dimagi with a lot of room for growth, working from Cambridge, MA, with our global teams in Cape Town, Dakar and Delhi
- Manage mHealth projects and coordinate partnerships with organizations in Haiti working in the fields of health, agriculture, education, logistics and more.
- Conduct technical needs assessment, requirements gathering and workflow mapping for a wide range of social sector programs, mainly health (e.g., HIV, Malaria and TB) and agriculture
- Design and development of mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare
- Train groups of end users on how to use the tool effectively
- Deliver remote and in-person trainings to build capacity of partners’ in-country teams
- Prepare technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids
- Provide programmatic support and monitoring of project activity
- Analyze mHealth data and develop data analysis tools/reports to ensure that the information gathered is meaningful and actionable to our partners
- Live in the Boston area, working with an international multidisciplinary team across the globe and travel to Haiti and elsewhere in the world.
- Be challenged & fulfilled
What You Must Bring:
- 1 – 4+ years of work experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Reliability, self-directionion, and resourcefulness
- Ability to juggle many things at once
- Flexibility and ability to wear many hats / take on multiple roles
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural, distributed, and international team setting
- Fluency in English and Haitian Creole (Note that this role requires leading meetings and conducting trainings exclusively in Creole.)
- Experience working in public health sector and/or development
- Desire for travel opportunities to Haiti
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Desire to make a social impact
- Fluent in French is an asset
- 1 – 2+ years of business analysis experience
- 1 – 2+ years of project management experience
- Comfort with mathematics, statistics, or data management
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is probably below what you could get working at a larger corporation. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer sponsored medical insurance that’s paired with a generous HRA fund contribution
- A 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match
- Employee stock options: You’ll have a stake in the future success of Dimagi
- Flex time that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 30 days paid time off/holiday per year
- Personal Initiative Days - This is blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
- Significant travel experiences to Haiti, often to very off the beaten path locations (where the real work happens). You will have the opportunity to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel or to a different country office.
- Onboarding, which includes one week of classroom sessions, followed by shadowing an existing project, will be in Boston, Cape Town, Dakar or Delhi. Location of onboarding will be dependent upon logistical factors.
- Team Summits. The entire team in your region or country will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.