Full-Stack Software EngineerApply Now
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Tech Team - Full-time
Dimagi is looking for software developers to join our Delhi team. We are a small and growing social enterprise with offices around the world. Our systems are deployed globally, including in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the United States. We offer a fun and stimulating environment, a chance to see the world, and the opportunity to make a difference in places that need it most. At Dimagi, you can have a great impact by creating great software.
What We Do
We work on a broad range of international development issues, including strengthening community health programs, electronic medical records, care coordination, and remote data collection. We have projects in over 67 countries including Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, Senegal, Mexico, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Kenya, Afghanistan and the United States.
We are highly collaborative with partner organizations, and strong advocates for open-source. At Dimagi, you will have the opportunity to grow your skill set as well as make a real impact across the world. All of our developers have the option to spend at least a few weeks each year traveling to international field sites, implementing projects and interacting with end users.
Who we're looking for
Dimagi is looking for a full-stack software developer to work on our web application. You will help to develop and improve our platform used to build, deploy, and manage of applications used by hundreds of thousands of front-line workers around the world.
This position is ideal for someone who prefers small organizations to large ones, multi-tasking to single-project assignments, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for rapid prototyping, making things work in challenging environments, and seeing the impact of our work first-hand.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Build new features using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, and daily deploys
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Build software usable by groups of people facing unique challenges (remote locations, low levels of literacy, no experience with technology, etc)
Skills and requirements:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Comfortable developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Background in building software for the web
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
- Fluency in spoken Hindi
Note: Please note that we are accepting applications until April 29th and will start reviewing all applications in 1st week of May.