Global Technology Division Team
Director of Product EngineeringApply Now
Director of Product Engineering
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and to legally incorporate as a Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. This approach combines our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Global Technology Division
The Global Technology Division's mission is to lead Dimagi’s technical strategy and ensure quality on our platform. Most of our team members operate in a matrix, where they collaborate with other technical team members and benefit from shared knowledge, experience, and comradery, while also being assigned to a business division to help align technical and business goals.
About the position:
The Director of Product Engineering position will be supporting our US Health Division in a division leadership role. You will have the opportunity to be involved in technical strategy, design, delivery, and innovation - all while making a real, positive impact in delivering critical digital health technology services across the United States!
Dimagi's US Health (USH) division works towards creating sustainable impact by building technology solutions to address public health challenges in the United States. USH uses expertise in project delivery, technology, and partnerships to design digital systems and tools that have the potential to radically improve public health outcomes.
The Director of Product Engineering will report to Dimagi’s Chief Technology Officer and work closely with the US Health Division’s Managing Director as part of the US Health Division’s five-person leadership team. This position can be based anywhere within the United States and will be affiliated with Dimagi’s office in Cambridge, MA. This role must be consistently available during core East Coast working hours.
Team Enablement & Coordination
- Lead the US Health Technology Team in a non-managerial role, and serve as a central point of coordination for the division’s technical decisions
- Provide regular mentorship and guidance to the Technology Team’s senior leaders (including Engineering Managers and Senior Engineers), enabling their success and growth in their roles
- Define the technical skill sets and competencies needed to fulfill the division’s technical priorities, as well as team resourcing and team structures.
- Provide technical oversight to the development of committed solutions as well as future solutions
- Lead the division’s technology and engineering roadmaps
- Directly coordinate the team’s high priority efforts when required around escalated technical issues and incident response
Technical Strategy & Leadership
- Serve as a member of the US Health Division’s Leadership team, representing the perspectives, interests, and realities of the Technology team in making division-wide decisions
- Collaborate with the US Health leadership to develop an overall vision for the US Health Division’s adoption and leveraging of different technologies,
- Communicate the US Health Division’s technical vision internally through mechanisms such as strategy documents, technical presentations, key performance indicators (KPIs), and team meetings
At the core of this position, we are looking for smart, capable, motivated, and impact-driven people. As such, please consider the following areas listed to be general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in a professional technical role (software product management, technical project management, or software engineering)
- Demonstrated leadership experience of overseeing technical teams of 10 people or more, with support from engineering managers, etc.
- Capable of becoming a domain expert in technical platforms to understand their leveraged value
- Comfortable working in flexible environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills; english fluency
- Ability to coordinate with teams across multiple geographies
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- (Bonus) Experience in the healthcare technology space, ideally in the United States
Benefits and Compensation:
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer! We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is 92,071 - 132,971 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.