Global Technology Division Team
Director of Technology SolutionsApply Now
Director of Technology Solutions
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and to legally incorporate as a Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. This approach combines our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the Global Technology Division
The Global Technology Division's mission is to lead Dimagi’s technical strategy and ensure quality on our platform. Most of our team members operate in a matrix, where they collaborate with other technical team members and benefit from shared knowledge, experience, and comradery, while also being assigned to a business division to help align technical and business goals.
About the position:
The Director of Technology Solutions position will be supporting our US Health Division in a division leadership role. You will have the opportunity to be involved in technical strategy, design, delivery, and innovation - all while making a real, positive impact in delivering critical digital health technology services across the United States!
Dimagi's US Health (USH) division works towards creating sustainable impact by building technology solutions to address public health challenges in the United States. USH uses expertise in project delivery, technology, and partnerships to design digital systems and tools that have the potential to radically improve public health outcomes.
The Director of Technology Solutions will report to Dimagi’s Chief Technology Officer and work closely with the US Health Division’s Managing Director as part of the US Health Division’s five-person leadership team. This position can be based anywhere within the United States and will be affiliated with Dimagi’s office in Cambridge, MA. This role must be consistently available during core East Coast working hours.
Product Strategy & Technical Delivery
- In collaboration with management, provide an overall vision for the US Health Division’s adoption and leveraging of different technologies to improve product development and implementation
- Communicate the US Health Division’s product vision internally through mechanisms such as annual strategy documents, technical presentations, key performance indicators (KPIs), and team meetings
- Lead strategic technical initiatives and special projects while representing the perspectives, interests and realities of the Technology team
- Provide technical oversight to the development of committed solutions as well as future solutions
- Backstop the division’s product and engineering roadmaps, ensuring that they reflect appropriate levels of effort and the division’s priorities into credible timelines, and raising necessary tradeoffs or areas of risk to project teams as needed
- Under the guidance of our Director of Partnerships and Director of Delivery, be available for strategic relationship engagement with clients and key stakeholders to present and ideate on technical topics and proposals
Team Enablement & Coordination
- Serve as the ultimate backstop for the 20-person US Health Technology Team, and a central point of coordination for the division’s technical decisions
- Provide regular mentorship and guidance to the Technology Team’s senior leaders (including Engineering Managers and Senior Engineers), enabling their success and growth in their roles
- Define the technical skills and proficiencies needed to fulfill the division’s technical priorities, as well as team resourcing and team structures.
- Collaborate closely with Dimagi’s technical leaders, including Managing Directors from Dimagi’s Software-as-a-Service team and our Global Technology Division, to ensure that new technical work aligns with Dimagi’s broader technical strategy.
- Directly coordinate the team’s high priority efforts when required around technical issues and incident response
At the core of this position, we are looking for inquisitive, capable, motivated, and impact-focused people. As such, please consider the following areas listed to be general “guidelines” vs. strict qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in a professional technical role (product management, technical project management, or engineering)
- Proven experience leading an engineering team on new product development and implementation
- Functioned in a product management capacity, either as a product manager or a team lead of product managers.
- Led technical teams in the social impact or international development space
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics
- Comfortable working in unstructured environments
- Strong written and oral communication skills; English fluency
- Ability to coordinate with teams across multiple geographies
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- (Bonus) Experience in the healthcare technology space, ideally in the United States
Benefits and Compensation:
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer! We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions. Our salaries are cost of living adjusted and non-negotiable. The estimated salary range for this position is 80,062 - 115,627 USD annually. Your final salary within the range will be dependent on where you are geographically based and might fall outside of this estimated range.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.