India Division Team
Delhi (Open to remote employment within India)
Senior Technical Project AnalystApply Now
Senior Technical Project Analyst
Delhi (Open to remote employment within India)
India Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and to legally incorporate as a Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. This approach combines our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
About the India Division
The India Division’s mission is to create sustainable impact for underserved populations through innovative technology solutions for frontline workforces in India and the neighboring countries. We offer professional services to partners to impactfully deliver Dimagi technology and / or programmatic expertise.
About the Position
Dimagi is looking for a Senior Technical Project Analyst (STPA) to join our India Division. This position will be affiliated with our office in Delhi and is also open to remote employment depending on the COVID-19 situation in the country.
In this role, you will support a project team working on the optimal design and development of applications built on our flagship platform CommCare. This position will support one or more project teams with the appropriate management and analysis of business requirements, translation of business requirements into technical requirements, timely implementation of technical deliverables as per specifications, testing and quality assurance of technical work, and contribution to process improvement.
You will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health, and project management specialists.
The specific responsibilities of a Senior Technical Project Analyst can vary per project but are likely to include:
- Implement technical requirements as defined by clients and the project teams. As an "app builder," you will use the most advanced functionality of the CommCare platform to create complex applications that enable users to accomplish a range of tasks. On any given day, this might include tasks like building out the logic for a complex form, testing out rules that automatically update data, testing a new text message survey that goes out to community members or troubleshooting a tricky calculation.
- Regularly communicate with other team members to ensure that the status of work is clear and that any roadblocks are known and can be addressed. This may include daily standups, periodic retrospectives, and weekly team meetings.
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle by ensuring that requirements meet specification and acceptance criteria.
- Thoughtfully analyze requirements to identify potential unexpected technical complications or unidentified opportunities.
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, requirements, and other documents to support project implementation.
- Work closely with team leadership to continuously improve both project management methodology and technical strategy.
- Coordinate with counterparts on other teams to incorporate best practices across projects.
- Collaborate with other team members to implement complex requirements
- Examine patterns of system use and proactively identify possible improvements to the system, which will make for a better end-user experience.
- As necessary, dive deep into the system's structure and data to answer specific questions or investigate unexpected behavior.
Relevant Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a technical position, producing technical contributions for software solutions.
- Experience with Software development processes, including implementing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those.
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design and build process to create applications that meet business goals.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented team player.
- Demonstrated time management skills and the ability to work across multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage company and team member expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Excellent organization skills and adaptable - able to work in complex, unfamiliar and changing environments.
- Comfort in using Google Suite and Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Interest in making a social impact.
- Ability to work remotely from India but can require traveling based on project requirements
- (Bonus) Formal training in Computer Science or related disciplines, including through a degree program or dedicated training program
- (Bonus) Familiarity with the CommCare platform or similar workflow/data management tools
- (Bonus) Leadership experience in project management and the adoption of best practices
- (Bonus) Previous experience working within project management for software developers
- (Bonus) Experience in delivering enterprise software implementations
- (Bonus) Experience with systems integration and/or databases
- (Bonus) Data manipulation, visualization, or analysis experience (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, R, Python, Talend)
- (Bonus) Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure, and technical specifications
- (Bonus) Experience with agile, sprint-based software development.
Compensation and Benefits:
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions that is non-negotiable. The salary for this position is INR 18,22,733 annually.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks and air purifying plants
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
- Complimentary lunch in the office (for office-based employees)
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.