India Division Team
Field Coordinator (Contractual Role)Apply Now
Field Coordinator (Contractual Role)
India Division Team - Contractor
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Project and the Position
Under the MNCH Accelerator project funded by USAID, Dimagi is working as the technology partner with IPE Global Ltd. led consortium, SAMVEG. The aim of the project is to fill critical gaps in health systems, encourage innovations, scale up and sustain interventions and help India progress towards ‘self-reliance’ in MNCH in NITI Aayog’s Aspirational Districts across 6 States. The overarching goal of SAMVEG is to accelerate efforts to improve maternal, newborn, and child health outcomes in identified vulnerable geographies of India.
A variety of programs and policies are included as part of SAMVEG. We are currently recruiting Field Coordinator in contractual role to be based in Dehradun, Uttarakhand for a period of 6 months. The contractual fee for this role is between INR 40,000 per month - INR 45,000 per month. The primary role includes supporting the pilot implementation of the call center model and District Health Action Plan initiative as part of SAMVEG project. The roles and responsibilities of this individual are outlined below.
Job Description - Responsibilities and Duties
Liaise and manage partner relationships, including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders from Uttarakhand Government officials to subject matter experts from IPE Global team and other consortium partners to frontline health workers (telecallers) and community members (end beneficiaries). Building consensus, managing expectations, coordinating with these groups and data management during the pilot implementation is a key expectation.
- Constant and direct engagement with stakeholders to gather software requirements, discuss and maintain alignment on system design and pilot implementation of QUICK model.
- Gather feedback from the application and reporting dashboard users in low-resource settings on the usability and effectiveness of our software, as we continually strive to improve it and help design scalable systems for sustained management by constantly relaying information to Dimagi on the field developments.
- Lead the efforts to download data from RCH portal, perform data cleaning and support in importing data into the application and in addition provide support in analyzing data collected through application and creating reporting tools for improved decision making during the course of implementation.
- Maintain regular communication with the Dimagi SAMVEG team through telephone and email updates including immediately bringing up any issues to the attention of the appointed manager.
- Monitor training and if needed, coordinate the same, coordinate logistics, and provide support to trainers.
- Continually striving to improve how well, effectively, and innovatively the solution may be run during the course of pilot implementation.
- Support consortium with other project management and programmatic support as and when required.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters degree
- 1-2+ years of work experience in the Public Health division, preferably RMNCH space.
- Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects is preferred.
- Experience using mobile data collection tools and comfortable with data management or statistical analysis.
- Spoken and written fluency in Hindi and English and proactive communication skills.
- Willingness to live in close proximity to the Department of Health State office (Dehradun) and travel frequently to the Call Centre location (Haridwar) for the duration of the project.
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful; able to juggle many things at once with minimum support from outside.
- Comfortable managing logistics in rural environments.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office tools, specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint presentation.
- Experience working in or familiarity with the Health and Nutrition sector and key nutrition-related indicators.
- Experience working in Uttarakhand State divisions.
- Interested in community-based engagement and experience in engaging with the Community Health Workers and/or working in a call center set up.
- Fluency in other Indian languages is also helpful.
- Experience working on qualitative research methods/fieldwork.
- Experience in managerial capacity working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments.
- Desire to make a social impact and passionate about impact driven technological interventions.
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.