Global Technology Division Team
Security EngineerApply Now
Global Technology Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Position:
Dimagi is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Global Technology team and contribute to our SaaS division. This position will work remotely with our team based in the US and South Africa
Our Global Technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Work directly with auditors and security consultants on matters of security posture and system compliance
- Improve the capabilities and efficiencies of our security and compliance control mechanisms by developing new software features and automating processes
- Work on matters of security including application security, security best practices, and security-related features
- Collaborate with our multicultural development and implementation teams around the globe
- Enhance Dimagi’s offerings while using modern best-practices such as version control, continuous integration, automated tests, daily deploy and cloud infrastructure tools
Who You Must Be:
- Experience in identifying and mitigating common application security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP top 10
- Familiarity with common security approaches at both a cloud appliance and software development practice level
- Experienced in developing enterprise-quality software in a high-level language such as Python or Ruby
- Familiar with common compliance standards, and willing to become an expert in Dimagi’s scopes of compliance like HIPAA, GDPR, etc.
- Familiarity with building backend software for the web
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Passionate about “human-centric” security approaches, and identifying usable and practical software solutions to challenges
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.