Solutions Division Team
Technical Project Analyst (Fixed-Term Contractual Role)Apply Now
Technical Project Analyst (Fixed-Term Contractual Role)
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking to hire Dushanbe based mid-level Technical Project Analyst (TPA) to join our Solutions Delivery team. This is a 12-month contract position with the option for converting to a long-term engagement pending evaluation and mutual interest at the end of the contract.
The TPA will work from Dushanbe with our teams based in India, the US, and South Africa. The position will be affiliated with the USAID-funded Healthy Mother, Healthy Baby (HMHB) Actvity in Tajikistan. HMHB is led by Abt Associates with offices in Dushanbe and Bokhtar. The TPA is a key member of the HMHB team - directly supporting Dimagi’s deliverables in creating high-impact, reliable, user-friendly digital systems. The TPA will work closely with the HMHB team to support the development, and rollout of Dimagi’s technology solutions that are developed for the Activity. The candidate will be based at the Dushanbe office with frequent travel to Bokhtar and other sites in Khatlon region.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to work with a diverse multicultural team in an exciting work environment and able to engage with stakeholders at varying levels in technical /digital health systems conversations. You will have the opportunity to become an expert on digital health products and technologies like CommCare and DHIS2, develop solutions that contribute to enabling people to live healthier and more productive lives and help deploy these mobile applications across regions in Tajikistan. You will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of product managers, engineers, and development specialists on one hand while supporting the broader digital health agenda of HMHB as a technical resource.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to quickly assess requirements and build software solutions in a scalable and sustainable manner. They will be able to solve technical problems as an individual contributor, as well as enjoy working in a team. Being a part of our Solutions Division means having a can-do attitude to provide technical consulting and application development for the HMHB project.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Requirements Gathering: Gathering software requirements, discussing and getting aligned with stakeholders on system design, and defining detailed software specifications
- Support the Activity/requirements and other team members in recording, clarifying, and clearly outlining key product requirements
- Attend meetings with key stakeholders to refine requirements and facilitate product discovery conversations
- Manage partner relationships, including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders from government officials to subject matter experts to NGO staff to frontline health workers and community members. Building consensus, managing expectations, and coordinating with these groups
- Create additional process/workflow maps or other reference documents to clarify product behavior and facilitate clear understanding of business requirements
- Maintain sprint boards and facilitate team adherence to sprint processes, as needed
- Advocate for the optimal end user experience
- Product development and documentation: Support application development and support the development and maintenance of functional and technical documentation
- Build mHealth tools using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform CommCare.
- Developing software test plans, load testing and quality assurance (QA) of our mobile tools.
- Update client-facing or internal technical documentation as product features are implemented
- As appropriate, create new resources to support users’ understanding of the application or related systems
- Create and maintain templates for regular recurring processes
- Implementation support: Support client and internal teams in understanding how to effectively use the CommCare system
- Support development of a capacity building and/or training curriculum
- Support rollout of mHealth deployments through training of trainers (ToTs), supportive training content, and logistics management
- As required, lead clients through capacity building activities
- Coordinate with Dimagi’s support team around issue identification and bug management
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Manage product quality throughout the software development life cycle.
- Define robust acceptance criteria for each requirement
- Develop and execute unit test plans for requirements
- Regularly monitor and report on system performance
- Process Improvement:
- Support team leadership to continuously improve the team processes, and to share/learn from other Activity teams
- As relevant, independently drive strategic initiatives to improve components of the Activity
Who You Must Be (Minimum Requirements):
- 3 – 4+ years of work experience in a technical position working with software solutions
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and operate reliably
- Outstanding proactive oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, collaborative and resourceful
- Able to juggle many things at once
- Flexible and able to wear many hats
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to learn and grow technical skills
- Ability to teach and build capacity of users (who generally possess very basic technical skills)
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural team distributed across the globe
- Willing and ready to be based out of Dushanbe with frequent travel to Khatlon region
- Comfortable with software tools such as Asana, G Suite, and Skype
- Professional fluency in oral and written English, Tajik and Russian
- Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related discipline
- Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects
- Agile project management experience
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Experience as a business analyst or technical product owner
- Knowledge of the public health system in Tajikistan or other Central Asian countries
- Desire to make a social impact
The ideal candidate will be interested in understanding what makes technology work in low-resource settings. This person can self-organize and self-manage, thrives on the intricacy and challenge of application design and project management, and functions at a high level when interacting with partners. This person is detail-oriented and comfortable with mobile tools, and has some knowledge of the software development process.
Compensation: Compensation will be competitive with market rates. The consultant will be reimbursed for any travel or business-related expenses.
Please apply below with a Resume and Cover Letter in English.
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.