Solutions Division Team
Senior Technical Project AnalystApply Now
Senior Technical Project Analyst
Solutions Division Team - Full-time
Employer: Africa HR Solutions (providing services to Dimagi)
Duration of contract: 12 months with possibility of extension
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the position:
Africa HR Solutions is looking to hire a Senior Technical Project Analyst based in Lilongwe to join Dimagi’s Solutions Delivery team. This is a 12-month contract position with the option for converting to a long-term engagement pending evaluation and mutual interest at the end of the contract. The Senior Technical Project Analyst will work remotely with our team based in South Africa and support our work in Malawi. The candidate for this position will be required to work very closely with the Malawi Ministry of Health to ensure Dimagi as a digital health partner best understands and meets the evolving MoH needs in the digital health space.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to work with a diverse multicultural team in an exciting work environment and able to engage with MoH and other health partners in technical /digital health systems conversations. You will have the opportunity to become an expert on digital health products and technologies (like CommCare, DHIS2, PowerBI, and Tableau), develop solutions that contribute to enabling people to live healthier and more productive lives and help deploy these mobile applications in a global setting. You will be working in an agile environment alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of product managers, engineers, and development specialists on one hand while supporting the broader MoH digital health agenda as a technical resource.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to quickly assess requirements and build software solutions in a scalable and sustainable manner. They will be able to solve technical problems as an individual contributor, as well as enjoy working in a team. Being a part of our Solutions Division means having a can-do attitude to provide technical consulting and application development for our partners.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Support MoH digital health agenda and Dimagi’s other in-country partners and projects based on need.
- Gathering software requirements, discussing and getting aligned with stakeholders on system design, and defining detailed software specifications
- Building mHealth tools using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare,
- Developing software test plans, load testing and quality assurance (QA) of our mobile tools
- Supporting rollout of mHealth deployments through training of trainers (ToTs), supportive training content, and logistics management.
- Work with Dimagi’s Director of Country Programs for Malawi to strengthen partner relationships, including navigating a diverse ecosystem of stakeholders from government officials to subject matter technical experts to NGO staff and frontline health workers. Building consensus, managing expectations, and coordinating with these stakeholder groups in the development and deployment of new initiatives/tools as needed.
- Data analysis and development of data analysis tools and reports to ensure that the information gathered by our technology solution is meaningful and actionable to our partners
- Development of technical documentation
- Other technical work and programmatic support that may be needed.
Who You Must Be (Minimum Requirements):
- 3 – 4+ years of work experience in a technical position working with software solutions
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and operate reliably
- Professional fluency in oral and written English
- Outstanding proactive oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Able to juggle many things at once
- Flexible and able to wear many hats
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Interested and able to work in a multicultural team distributed across the globe
- Willing and ready to be based out of Lilongwe
- Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related discipline
- Experience working with the software development life cycle on information and communication technology (ICT) projects
- Agile project management experience
- Experience working in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Proficient in Chichewa
- Desire to make a social impact
The ideal candidate will be interested in understanding what makes technology work in low-resource settings. This person can self-organize and self-manage, thrives on the intricacy and challenge of application design and project management, and functions at a high level when interacting with partners. This person is detail-oriented and comfortable with mobile tools, and has some knowledge of the software development process.
If interested, please apply with your CV and Cover Letter in English below.