Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Finance AdministratorApply Now
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the Position:
The Administrator will be based in Delhi, India and will support the BP&F (Budgets, Planning and Forecasting) team, which is a sub-team of Dimagi’s global Finance team, within the GSO (Global Strategy and Operations) Division.
You will report directly to our Finance Manager, who is based in Cape Town, South Africa.
You’re someone who has Finance and / or Accounting experience, excellent attention to detail, great communication skills, solid excel skills, and enjoys supporting the great Business Operations and Dimagi team to make an impact globally.
This is a junior level role and the Administrator will be trained and onboarded on Dimagi’s financial processes and software.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Supporting the BP&F team, by executing daily tasks and requests received to the BP&F team.
- Working closely with the FM as well as the FD (Financial Director) from time to time.
- Supporting the invoice and revenue recognition process between our different internal divisions and completing monthly and quarterly Intercompany reconciliations.
- Assisting with questions and queries received by the BP&F team from management throughout the organization.
- Assisting the FM to run the quarterly financial Actuals against team budgets report process for the divisional MDs and Executive Committee.
- Assisting with the preparation of certain quarterly financial reports for external reporting purposes.
- Supporting the FM and FD on various ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives which are tasked to the BP&F team by the GSO Division MD, Business Strategy Director and the Executive Committee.
Who You Must Be:
- Holder of a degree in Commerce, Finance or Finance Administration
- Have a minimum of 1 - 2 years experience in Bookkeeping and/or Accounting or Financial Administration
- Computer and technology savvy
- Strong Excel Skills (can perform all basic functions and formulas as well as Pivot Tables, Vlookup, IF statements)
- Be familiar with a financial accounting software package (e.g. Sage Intacct, Quickbooks etc.)
- Highly detail-oriented and highly organized
- A clear and professional communicator (verbal, email, Skype, video conferencing)
- Possesses the ability to self-organize and work within a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Interested in learning new skills and eager to take on new challenges
- Want to work for a social enterprise with long-term employment in Finance or Business Operations
- Salesforce platform experience
- Financial Reconciliations Experience
- Experience working with remote management and/ or a remote team
- Experience working for an international company/organization
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance
- Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc.
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- Employee stock option plan
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time
- Opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and all employment decisions are based on individual qualifications.