Global Strategy and Operations Division Team
Senior People Operations AssociateApply Now
Senior People Operations Associate
Global Strategy and Operations Division Team - Full-time
Dimagi is a social enterprise and Benefit Corporation that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities. Our open source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts have supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the position:
Dimagi is looking for someone with strong attention to detail and an operational mindset, who finds joy in supporting a mission-driven organization to join our team based in Cambridge, MA. As the Senior People Operations Associate at our Cambridge office, you’ll support the team in a very wide-range of H.R., operational, and recruitment areas. This position will report to the Director of People Operations.
Our People Operations team takes pride in supporting our team based in our offices in Boston, D.C., and dispersed remotely across the U.S. and Canada. We’re impact-focused individuals who appreciate how people operations can work alongside our employees to help them make a global impact.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Operational Support: Serve as the reviewer and backstop for People Operations administrative and operational processes in the U.S. Ensure predefined workflows are completed fully and accurately by the U.S. POps Admin. Look to improve existing workflows or administrative processes. This is inclusive of office management duties for which our U.S. POps Admin is responsible.
- Global Project Work: Lead global and regional POps projects. Plan and execute global projects assigned exclusively, and support POps Directors with additional projects and OKRs.
- People Management: Serve as the H.R. manager for members of the POps team, including the U.S. POps Admin.
- H.R. Policies: Assist the POps Director with maintaining and evolving Dimagi’s H.R. policies and processes.
- POps Training Development: Further develop and lead the execution of H.R. training for employees.
- Onboarding & Offboarding: Ensure employee onboarding and offboarding are executed fully and accurately. Work to improve the efficiency of the onboarding and offboarding program and the experience for employees.
- Benefits Administration: Assist the Director of People Operations with benefits research and selection as well as open enrollment administrative workflows.
- Payroll: Lead the payroll execution for relevant business units spanning locally and globally with administrative support from the U.S. POps Admin. This includes U.S. payroll and payroll for select global employees.
- Tax Account Administration: Maintain our existing state tax accounts, and create new tax accounts as needed per hiring needs, including resolving any tax account issues in a timely manner.
- Cost of Living Salary Pulls: Review and sign-off on salary ranges pulled by other POps team members. Work to improve the COL salary pull workflow further. As needed, pull salary ranges directly.
- Visa Filing & Assistance: Assist the Director of People Operations with visa filing, including completing administrative paperwork and working directly with legal counsel, as appropriate.
- Financial Processes: Work with the Finance team to develop and improve processes or workflows on which both Finance and POps collaborate.
- Financial Admin Support: Provide support to the U.S. POps Admin on completion of financial administrative tasks. Review monthly expense reports that the U.S. POps Admin submits. Review the monthly invoice submission workflows that the U.S. POps Admin submits to the Finance team with an eye on efficiency.
- Recruitment: Independently lead recruitment pipelines full-cycle juggling multiple pipelines at once. This also includes scheduling and conducting phone screens and interviews and conducting application review.
Who You Must Be:
- 2-4 years of experience in People Operations / H.R. or experience in Operations with an interest in working on a People Operations team.
- Exceptional attention to detail. Able to catch small mistakes and work efficiently on tasks that require extreme detail-orientation. Is able to review the work of others to ensure items are completed in full without error.
- Phenomenal time management. Ability to juggle many competing priorities. Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a long or seemingly never-ending to-do list.
- Flexible mindset and ability to wear many hats throughout each day.
- Experience creating new H.R. processes and operational workflows. A solid understanding of how to improve processes with an eye on efficiency and ease.
- Able to provide assistance on H.R. strategic projects and initiatives and filter an abstract idea into tangible next steps.
- Prior experience with conducting recruitment and interviewing.
- Comfort handling spreadsheets, financials, and payroll data. Ability to complete basic payroll calculations. This role does not require expertise in excel.
- Interest in people management and comfort with managing other members of the People Operations team.
- Experience in a non-profit, start-up, B Corp, or social enterprise environment
- Prior experience with people management
- Prior experience at a global organization
** Dimagi’s offices are currently closed for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19. This role may require very occasional in-person tasks while our office is closed, and will be expected to join us in our office once we are comfortable re-opening.**
We aim to make a difference, not just as a company, but as an employer as well. The benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, family or parental status, veteran, or disability status.